Deleting or changing scheduled games issues

Eric Bischof

Does anyone else find that their experience deleting or changing scheduled games is incredibly inconsistent and frustrating? What am I doing wrong here? All I want to do is simply delete one or more games from the schedule and then create new games (because simply changing an existing game flat out does not reliably work for me. I usually get duplicates or other wonkyness). I've been baffled for months now on how to find a reliable process for changing existing (scheduled) games on our season's calendar. I usually have to delete them twice (after closing out the browser and then coming back into the site). It's really making me think that it's time to explore other options for the two leagues that I admin. Anyone else having this issue or is it just me? I've been using Season Mgmt at a regular pace since we moved from League Athletics back in June.  

• Like 1

Our scheduler seems to be able to change games ok, though we had many many issues until about a month ago. We mark all games we need to move as Postponed, then change the time or whatever. 

I believe Firefox and Chrome are HQ’s officially supported browsers. Are you using one of those?

We are still having issues with scores and standings being incorrect almost every day, so I am not surprised to hear other issues still exist. The unreliable nature of the standings is what freaks me out the most.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, freezinKT said:

Our scheduler seems to be able to change games ok, though we had many many issues until about a month ago. We mark all games we need to move as Postponed, then change the time or whatever. 

I believe Firefox and Chrome are HQ’s officially supported browsers. Are you using one of those?

We are still having issues with scores and standings being incorrect almost every day, so I am not surprised to hear other issues still exist. The unreliable nature of the standings is what freaks me out the most.

Our standings seem to have nosedived for one of our seasons.  Record is incorrect even though scored all games manually (I've stopped using the app to do it for now) Teams missing games or games getting added to teams that shouldnt have any.  And we have playoffs coming up, this affects the intergrity of our league as it seems like we're cheating customers

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, riseatl said:

Our standings seem to have nosedived for one of our seasons.  Record is incorrect even though scored all games manually (I've stopped using the app to do it for now) Teams missing games or games getting added to teams that shouldnt have any.  And we have playoffs coming up, this affects the intergrity of our league as it seems like we're cheating customers

The bolded is what I keep trying to communicate to HQ’s help desk and via the feedback and that they keep ignoring. My families and athletes don’t blame HQ for issues, they blame us for picking a bad platform or think we did something (or coaches blame themselves for doing something wrong!). Meanwhile we HQ admins can’t fix a thing and our coaches certainly aren’t responsible. It’s really hard as the admin.

@Kelsey Erwin @Simon MacKenzie

Edited by freezinKT
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, freezinKT said:

The bolded is what I keep trying to communicate to HQ’s help desk and via the feedback and that they keep ignoring. My families and athletes don’t blame HQ for issues, they blame us for picking a bad platform or think we did something (or coaches blame themselves for doing something wrong!). Meanwhile we HQ admins can’t fix a thing and our coaches certainly aren’t responsible. It’s really hard as the admin.

@Kelsey Erwin @Simon MacKenzie

It's frustrating it been over 4 months, and the only thing I get is we are working on it..all while raising prices smh

10 hours ago, riseatl said:

It's frustrating it been over 4 months, and the only thing I get is we are working on it..all while raising prices smh

We only came onto SE in the past month or so, but are already looking for a new platform for the Spring. Many of the Leagues nearby who had to switch from LA are in the same boat, that they are thinking SE isn't a good fit for a league management.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Felzani, Matthew said:

We only came onto SE in the past month or so, but are already looking for a new platform for the Spring. Many of the Leagues nearby who had to switch from LA are in the same boat, that they are thinking SE isn't a good fit for a league management.

I've done a pretty extensive market survey of options at this point and I'm convinced NBCUniversal is making a pretty big mistake sun-setting League Athletics without pulling all of it's functionality forward. Major, large competitors to League Athletics/SportsEngine HQ admit that the scheduling functionality in League Athletics "did just about what everyone wanted it to." Literally multiple sales guys have admitted that to me.

I've used demo sites for a variety of other league administration platforms and none of them come close to what League Athletics had, though most of them aren't buggy at least. It's really sad.

Not sure if Diamond Scheduler, which HQ plans to integrate with, will offer comparable functionality. Even if it does, Diamond Scheduler would be an extra cost. League Athletics was incredibly affordable.

Edited by freezinKT
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, freezinKT said:

I've done a pretty extensive market survey of options at this point and I'm convinced NBCUniversal is making a pretty big mistake sun-setting League Athletics without pulling all of it's functionality forward. Major, large competitors to League Athletics/SportsEngine HQ admit that the scheduling functionality in League Athletics "did just about what everyone wanted it to." Literally multiple sales guys have admitted that to me.

I've used demo sites for a variety of other league administration platforms and none of them come close to what League Athletics had, though most of them aren't buggy at least. It's really sad.

Not sure if Diamond Scheduler, which HQ plans to integrate with, will offer comparable functionality. Even if it does, Diamond Scheduler would be an extra cost. League Athletics was incredibly affordable.

I mean, it's not even close. As dated as LA's design was it was a site built for League management and it did it really really well.

And while I don't have first-hand knowledge of some of the areas since we're still in our first Registration period, it seems like we're only in for frustration ahead as we try to construct a Season/Teams.

17 minutes ago, Felzani, Matthew said:

I mean, it's not even close. As dated as LA's design was it was a site built for League management and it did it really really well.

And while I don't have first-hand knowledge of some of the areas since we're still in our first Registration period, it seems like we're only in for frustration ahead as we try to construct a Season/Teams.

My commissioners actually liked the team construction/rostering functionality pretty well. I heard generally good feedback from them on that.

Unfortunately as a webmaster you have to follow the workaround to make team pages and a master calendar, and if you have a large number of divisions and teams that's a lot of work:

The issues appear with scheduling, scoring, standings, and stats - all things League Athletics did so incredibly well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, freezinKT said:

We have diamond scheduler now and its about $100 -$200 per year for the online version.  We still use the old version (Free but not supported) which used adobe acrobat (air) and allowed us to make compies etc.  The older version made it easier to switch out games on the fly and make updates to the schedule.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi @Kelsey Erwin: I opened a chat on 11/3 and have been trading messages with Brian. We're still seeing the issue with our schedule and I've added several links and pictures to the chat with him. Our season is now over but I'm hoping your product team can use the issue as input to make the schedule feature better going forward. It was a challenge to work through some of the issues with changing/deleting games during our season. Thanks-

On 10/24/2023 at 8:53 AM, freezinKT said:

I've been using Diamond Scheduler for years - direct link to your SE account,  create schedule then direct import back into SE.  I'm currently not able to connect to my current season.  So far the admin time on this season has been unreal.  

• Sad 1

On 11/3/2023 at 4:39 PM, Kelsey Erwin said:

Thank you again for your feedback, we're escalating this to our support team - if you'd like to quickly reach our support team in the future please login to your Admin account from our homepage or your website and click the blue Need Help? button to open a live chat. 

I opened a live chat early at 8:25 CST yesterday.  Did not get a reply until 3:11pm, and it was only a reply restating my question.  No response after that.  

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, JasonWilsonVTX said:

I opened a live chat early at 8:25 CST yesterday.  Did not get a reply until 3:11pm, and it was only a reply restating my question.  No response after that.  

It's been bad since about September, when they promoted their best person and became super short staffed. As far as I can tell they never properly trained up any new people they onboarded to provide support.

Some of their old support people were fabulous. It's sad that hasn't continued.

• Like 1