NEW Mobile App now available

Marie Fitzgerald

We rebuilt the SportsEngine app for teams from the ground up with new features, improved reliability, and more flexible communication capabilities. Plus, more enhancements are coming over the next year. Learn more here >

I am so excited to get this new app out to customers and to hear the feedback so we can continue to improve and add the necessary features and functionality. 

Head to your phone's app store to download today! 

Google Play > Available starting October 6th
Apple App Store > Available now

970x250 AM-Signature-Pre-Release.png

Marie Fitzgerald

Director, Product Marketing

Marie

I downloaded the new app last night and while the overall look is more appealing, some of the features are not.  Gone is the ability to look at your schedule as a list. Also, being able to look at multiple teams at the same time is gone, also a good feature.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, frankfortgladiatorwrestlin said:

Is there no longer a way to email a team from the app?  I know it was an option last year but no longer see it this year. 

Are you on Season Management? They broke many app features for Season Management. Email and standings in the app are most notable.

Bringing it back is on the Season Management roadmap, though there is no ETA: https://www.sportsengine.com/club-admin/hq/upcoming-season-mgt-releases

As a workaround you can email your team from the TeamCenter. Not great, but that’s what we told our coaches to do.

Hey SE team! I'm the techie guy for our town youth soccer program. Our user population is approximately 1,000, and I'm getting inquiries/complaints about the IOS update (expect similar themes with forthcoming Android update). Here's an example:

++++++

The new calendar set up reminds me of google calendar but the list format they had before was so much more efficient for looking at whole season's schedule and rsvp-ing.

I have 6 sports engine sports teams running right now so it's a pain in the butt!!

++++++

Hope this feedback is helpful!

Cheers,

Kenton 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Kenton - Medfield Soccer said:

Hey SE team! I'm the techie guy for our town youth soccer program. Our user population is approximately 1,000, and I'm getting inquiries/complaints about the IOS update (expect similar themes with forthcoming Android update). Here's an example:

++++++

The new calendar set up reminds me of google calendar but the list format they had before was so much more efficient for looking at whole season's schedule and rsvp-ing.

I have 6 sports engine sports teams running right now so it's a pain in the butt!!

++++++

Hope this feedback is helpful!

Cheers,

Kenton 

FYI, they will hopefully bring list view back.

• 2 weeks later...

Please fix the event calendar view to the way it was previously.  When I change an event, parents have to go to every single date to see if there is an event. How does that make sense? At least give the option of view.    It’s absurd to not have the option of  all events in one view scrolling like it was.  I had to resort to emailing entire team in gmail a screenshot of our entire schedule.  Whats the point of the app if I can’t do everything i need to do (used to be able to do) in one app?

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you for everyone’s feedback and patience as we have been working to make important updates to the latest SportsEngine mobile app on iOS. Our Mobile Product Team has been working as hard as they can to continue to deliver a better and more consistent experience f

With the release this week, you and your members will see the schedule list view back by popular demand. This view will show your upcoming games and events in a single list view while still giving you the option to view them in the calendar.

Android is set to be released at the beginning of 2024 and will match all of the new updates to iOS.

image (6) (1).png

• Like 1

Marie Fitzgerald

Director, Product Marketing

• 1 month later...

I would recommend to remove this star icon on the bottom of the app and replace with a “-“ negative symbol to match the functionality. 
When I click on the star, it asks me if I want to remove the team. 
The star icon on most websites and apps means to “favorite” something, not remove it. 
Also - How can I remove this SportsEngine ad?

F7BF7F0B-7DC0-436D-83E0-D892B071F89D.thumb.jpeg.9a237346bd1c7d956a2e9591460e716a.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @Dave S. Thank you for the feedback you provided. Our product team has been informed and has forwarded the feedback to our user experience design team. With regards to the ads, we understand that some users may want to have an ad-free experience. However, we use ads to keep our mobile app free for all users rather than charging a subscription fee. We would like to know if an ad-free version is something that you and other users would be interested in.

2 hours ago, Simon MacKenzie said:

Hey @Dave S. Thank you for the feedback you provided. Our product team has been informed and has forwarded the feedback to our user experience design team. With regards to the ads, we understand that some users may want to have an ad-free experience. However, we use ads to keep our mobile app free for all users rather than charging a subscription fee. We would like to know if an ad-free version is something that you and other users would be interested in.

As the operators we already pay you $800 per year + $2 per credit card swipe + a rake of 3.5% per transaction - the app should be ad-free, you're getting paid out of their Registration fee.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Felzani, Matthew said:

As the operators we already pay you $800 per year + $2 per credit card swipe + a rake of 3.5% per transaction - the app should be ad-free, you're getting paid out of their Registration fee.

NBCU is driving the ad focus, according to someone who said (I have no way to evaluate this claim) that he worked for HQ both before and after the acquisition. Apparently it did used to be ad free. 

That said, not all app users are HQ premium subscribers. Our users subsidize the free users (and Season Management customers get none of the “premium” features promised).

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 11/28/2023 at 4:23 PM, Marie Fitzgerald said:

Thank you for everyone’s feedback and patience as we have been working to make important updates to the latest SportsEngine mobile app on iOS. Our Mobile Product Team has been working as hard as they can to continue to deliver a better and more consistent experience f

With the release this week, you and your members will see the schedule list view back by popular demand. This view will show your upcoming games and events in a single list view while still giving you the option to view them in the calendar.

Android is set to be released at the beginning of 2024 and will match all of the new updates to iOS.

image (6) (1).png

Why does the Schedule list view in the ios App show no events today (April 4 2024), when the Schedule on the web clearly shows there is an event on April 4 2024?  I even have some events showing up on the same day and one of the events should be on a different day?  Is this working as expected or how do we get this to be accurate?

thumbnail_IMG_5846.png

Picture1.png

• 2 weeks later...

@Marie Fitzgerald   I just wanted to know in the product updates for March it says standings and stats are back on Mobile if you have Season Management.  I s this true?  If so how do we get that activated.  This has been a major request by our customers.