How many people have used the Feedback button in Season Management?

freezinKT

For those of you who have either bug reports or feature requests - League Athletic-like ones or Sports Management-like ones - are you using the Feedback button to pass them on? I've gotten at least one direct response from the Season Management team that way. I've also been told that that button is the best way to communicate directly with the team. I know this forum is lightly monitored by HQ employees and also that it is invaluable for workarounds for some lacking features, but for other things we really need them to write code. Are people asking for the features we need this way?

16 minutes ago, Pete Dunne said:

Where is the FEEDBACK button?  Don't see it

Click into any part of your actual Season - Overview, Settings, whatever tab. It will show up on the top right as a white button with a blue outline, blue text, and a blue megaphone. When you click on it, it asks, "How would you rate your experience with Season Management?" and shows 5 stars. Pick your star rating, and then a text box pops up - with no character limit that I can tell - where you can provide feedback. I have made a habit of sending in one piece of feedback about a single feature request or bug at a time rather than putting them all in at once.

I'm hitting it nearly everyday with a 0 star rating. I've had so many issues with this new "Season Management" crap. Games disappearing. Games showing as conflict when there is only one game. Scoring games and hitting "Final" only for it to revert back to "In Progress" and all the stats gone. Honestly this has been the worst UX I have ever had.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, glitters said:

I'm hitting it nearly everyday with a 0 star rating. I've had so many issues with this new "Season Management" crap. Games disappearing. Games showing as conflict when there is only one game. Scoring games and hitting "Final" only for it to revert back to "In Progress" and all the stats gone. Honestly this has been the worst UX I have ever had.

So glad you are reporting things too! I saw the "Final" to "In Progress" bug with my own eyes and briefly thought I was crazy. It didn't help that the help desk didn't seem to believe me when I tried to explain what had happened, since I had already fixed it so our standings could be correct.

Re: disappearing games and conflicts - it's the disappeared games that are the conflicts. I described it here:

In short, what happens is that the games that disappeared aren't totally gone. They are gone from: Season Management schedule, iCal feed, TeamCenter, and the app. They are present in: conflict checking, schedule export, and the microsite.

Our microsite is such a mess right now with disappeared games that we can't edit or delete. Some games show up 3 times, occasionally on the wrong day or at the wrong time. I've asked the dev team to delete them via the help desk only to be met with "we are working on this bug." And unfortunately they never give me a ticket for any of the most major bugs, though I've been assured on the phone they are working on them.

I've asked the dev team to delete them via the help desk only to be met with "we are working on this bug." And unfortunately they never give me a ticket for any of the most major bugs, though I've been assured on the phone they are working on them.

Yikes. That is not really acceptable considering we are all paying for this product. I'm actually going to see if I can switch back to the old system since this is just so unusable for my club right now.

2 hours ago, glitters said:

Yikes. That is not really acceptable considering we are all paying for this product. I'm actually going to see if I can switch back to the old system since this is just so unusable for my club right now.

They told us we could after I asked pre-season and was told no. We have 40 teams and 700 events in the system and we’re told we’d need to re-do it all if we switched. As you can imagine we declined.

We are coming from League Athletics which was incredibly feature rich and very stable for a low price, though definitely not very modern. I have no idea if Sports Management would meet our needs either. Most of our neighboring leagues seem to be experiencing transition issues with either League Athletics to HQ or Sports Management to Season Management. Public webpage features have gone missing from all of them.

I've had all those issues as well i've given them until the rest of the year as we do a winter break once our fall seasons are over.  In the meantime I will be researching alternatives.  I don't care about a road map if the basics dont work.  We still cant enter stats and its been over 2 months just a total and abject failure!!!

• Like 1

On 9/19/2023 at 7:44 PM, riseatl said:

I've had all those issues as well i've given them until the rest of the year as we do a winter break once our fall seasons are over.  In the meantime I will be researching alternatives.  I don't care about a road map if the basics dont work.  We still cant enter stats and its been over 2 months just a total and abject failure!!!

I think we are now in the same boat as you.  I don't know at this point that SportsEngine can do anything to retain us as a customer after this year.  The system has been miserable to work with.

• Like 1

Hey everyone, 

First, thank you for your feedback! I wanted to give a quick update from the team.

We are aware of the issue and want to assure you that it is our team's number one priority right now.

We are actively working to ensure that these events do not fall out of sync in the future, as well as cleaning up as much of the existing data as possible. We have already made some changes, are continuing to investigate to prevent future issues, and are currently in the process of figuring out how to clean up the existing data.

We understand how frustrating this can be, and we want to thank you for your patience as we work through this. We will continue to push out updates as we make progress. please continue to send any existing data issues to our customer support team so that we have these specific examples to investigate (name of team, event/game details, etc.) 

1 hour ago, Simon MacKenzie said:

Hey everyone, 

First, thank you for your feedback! I wanted to give a quick update from the team.

We are aware of the issue and want to assure you that it is our team's number one priority right now.

We are actively working to ensure that these events do not fall out of sync in the future, as well as cleaning up as much of the existing data as possible. We have already made some changes, are continuing to investigate to prevent future issues, and are currently in the process of figuring out how to clean up the existing data.

We understand how frustrating this can be, and we want to thank you for your patience as we work through this. We will continue to push out updates as we make progress. please continue to send any existing data issues to our customer support team so that we have these specific examples to investigate (name of team, event/game details, etc.) 

Can those of us directly affected by the issue please get a ticket to track progress on this? I have no visibility into it other than repeatedly being told "we are working on it," but our season is happening right now. This is affecting myself, our scheduler, our coaches, and our families right now. The one ticket I had was closed, only for either the identical or a very similar issue to rear it's head immediately after the ticket closed - not a confidence booster at all.

@freezinKTOur support team will be the best resource for that information, if you reach out to them and ask the status of an issue and list the specifics (name of team, event/game details, etc.) they will be able to provide some insight from our product team working through these updates, and at the very least will provide further context to the product team. 

On 9/13/2023 at 6:20 AM, freezinKT said:

For those of you who have either bug reports or feature requests - League Athletic-like ones or Sports Management-like ones - are you using the Feedback button to pass them on? I've gotten at least one direct response from the Season Management team that way. I've also been told that that button is the best way to communicate directly with the team. I know this forum is lightly monitored by HQ employees and also that it is invaluable for workarounds for some lacking features, but for other things we really need them to write code. Are people asking for the features we need this way?

I have used the "Feedback" button many times in hopes that it may get me closer to resolution on the issues we have experienced.  Unfortunately, I have not heard or seen anything from clicking it.

1 hour ago, HPBAadmin said:

I have used the "Feedback" button many times in hopes that it may get me closer to resolution on the issues we have experienced.  Unfortunately, I have not heard or seen anything from clicking it.

It reminds me of a ship and as soon as you plug a hole another one pops up.  My stats have not worked since day 1, now add on to it the microsite errors and missing functionality.  All I get is that it is a priority and that there are bugs.  I find it useless to hit the button as I know the response will be "we are aware of the bugs and its a priority"  At this point why they won't admit failure is beyond me. 

2 hours ago, HPBAadmin said:

I just got an email in response to my most recent feedback. There was no ticket attached (which is what I asked for), but there were amorphous promises of fixes to “several bugs.”

• Sad 1