Roadmap

HPBAadmin

SportsEngine Team, is there a roadmap of features you can publish for the community?  We are coming for League Athletics and finding many areas in managing our leagues that SportsEngine doesn't support today.  It would be good to have visibility into whether those things are planned for release or not.  A few examples:

• Automated Registration Waitlist
  • More granular user and coach permissions
  • Easier coach scoring and stat updates
  • Team Roster display on website/microsite
  • Universal Master Schedule for a league
  • Like 2

Around the 15th of each month they publish a monthly release blog that gives some idea of what they are working on. Sadly the critical features you mention weren’t in July’s. My experience is also when they release a feature it’s often incredibly buggy - see showing assigned teams on the registration reports, which came out in August and doesn’t work reliably.

https://news.intercom.com/sportsengine

On 9/5/2023 at 4:33 PM, HPBAadmin said:

SportsEngine Team, is there a roadmap of features you can publish for the community?  We are coming for League Athletics and finding many areas in managing our leagues that SportsEngine doesn't support today.  It would be good to have visibility into whether those things are planned for release or not.  A few examples:

Hi @HPBAadmin, thanks for these inputs. I will share quickly with our LGA and HQ teams for feedback. Appreciate this!

• Like 1

On 9/5/2023 at 5:33 PM, HPBAadmin said:

The bolded has been released on every active HQ site I've seen.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Marie Fitzgerald said:

We would love to learn about what the best format is to share Roadmap items, however, we do have a list of items coming to Season Management in short order. https://www.sportsengine.com/club-admin/hq/upcoming-season-mgt-releases

I have a question about the team page templates- they look nice, but they aren’t enabled as far as I can see. I copied one and enabled it myself and now I can use it, but is there something I am missing? The help desk could not answer this.

We definitely look forward to the to-be-released features, as well as the ability to keep rosters private.

1 hour ago, Marie Fitzgerald said:

What do you mean by not enabled? Want to make sure I understand your question before digging in too deep!

According to the answer I got today from the Help Desk, the templates cannot be used out-of-the-box. They have to be cloned and enabled in order to be used. Maybe it's always been this way and I'm just newish to HQ, but it was non-intuitive to me that the templates were there but not usable.