Team Events Not Showing Up on the Team Site

Mid-Pen Water Polo

I am using Season Management, and on our website, we have team pages where I am embedding the Team Site.

On the embedded team site, the team events are not showing up. The only events showing are the ones on the Season Schedule.

What am I doing wrong? I can see the team events on the Team Center and on the app but not on the Team Site.

5 minutes ago, Mid-Pen Water Polo said:

I am using Season Management, and on our website, we have team pages where I am embedding the Team Site.

On the embedded team site, the team events are not showing up. The only events showing are the ones on the Season Schedule.

What am I doing wrong? I can see the team events on the Team Center and on the app but not on the Team Site.

Have you hit the Sync Changes button? Nothing shows up on those ridiculous micro sites until you do…and you have to hit it for every change. Every time you reschedule something. Every time scores or stats are entered. Every cancellation. Every added practice. Every time you hit that button or the public won’t know.

Why? No one has ever explained that to me. No other league management platform operates like that.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, freezinKT said:

Have you hit the Sync Changes button? Nothing shows up on those ridiculous micro sites until you do…and you have to hit it for every change. Every time you reschedule something. Every time scores or stats are entered. Every cancellation. Every added practice. Every time you hit that button or the public won’t know.

Why? No one has ever explained that to me. No other league management platform operates like that.

Just to confirm, the 'Sync' is per event? It doesn't just sync everything when you hit it? Does it at least tell you what's synced and what's not?

I haven't gotten into scheduling yet (that's on-deck for this week, actually).

1 hour ago, Felzani, Matthew said:

Just to confirm, the 'Sync' is per event? It doesn't just sync everything when you hit it? Does it at least tell you what's synced and what's not?

I haven't gotten into scheduling yet (that's on-deck for this week, actually).

Just to clarify it is per change or group of changes.  Want to add events for the whole week(hit sync) then verify changes.  Want to add events for the next day(hit sync) then verify.  Changes of any kind, scheduling games, events, updating scores will not reflect until sync is hit whethere the change is one event/game/score or many. Hope that clears it up.  My advice would be to have 2 tabs open or if you have a dual monitor capility, have the microsite open on one and the HQ Season Management on the other so as you hit sync you can refresh the microsite to verify the change.   I'm hoping they add some sort of auto scheduling for syncing changes in the future.

Edited by riseatl
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Mid-Pen Water Polo said:

I have hit the Sync Changes button many times, but only the season events show up on the Team Site.

The "Sync Changes" button specifically says, "Keep your season site up-to-date." That made me think that there is a special trick to update the Team Site.

Screenshot2023-11-13at19_03_34.thumb.png.0ab7b837fdc42065fcc3a2089618c817.png

And you're using those season microsites? The ones where you have to embed the JavaScript? If so then Sync Changes should be all you need.

If you're trying to get the team calendar from the iCal feed using the team pages workaround here:

then you need to follow all the many steps to get the little calendar view to work. And you may have to wait a couple hours for the iCal feeds to update to the site. It takes a while. You can speed it up by refreshing the iCal feeds from the iCal feed view in Website Settings in the HQ admin screen.

Events used to not show up on the team microsites, only games. But that's been fixed for at least a month now. If you hit "Sync Changes" after adding those events, they should be there. I'd reach out to the help desk. If they don't respond, I'd escalate to your account manager.

3 minutes ago, Mid-Pen Water Polo said:

Is there an email for the help desk? The messages I sent through the "Need Help?" button do not get answered, and then I get a message that says, "We haven’t heard from you in a while, bla bla bla..."

Do you have any suggestions on how to find out who my account manager is?

I was put in touch with my account manager when I on-boarded. It was the person who initially got the first steps of getting the site launched. If you haven't on-boarded recently I'm not sure how you find that person.

Back in summer it used to be questions to the help desk were answered promptly and often helpfully (not always). Around September or so that changed significantly so I'm not surprised you're having trouble. My best tip is to keep responding - answer back "We haven't heard from you in a while..." with "I still need an answer" until you get one.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2023 at 5:06 PM, Jon Kuznicki said:

I am having this same problem.  Some events are sync'ing, but not others.  Following this thread to see if there is a resolution.

Just to provide an update on this.  I was able to get in contact with support and it was determined that the problem with events not showing up is related to creating the events as "recurring" in the App or Team Center.  The development team is working on a fix and hope to have this updated soon (sounded like within the next couple of weeks)

On 11/13/2023 at 10:47 PM, Mid-Pen Water Polo said:

Is there an email for the help desk? The messages I sent through the "Need Help?" button do not get answered, and then I get a message that says, "We haven’t heard from you in a while, bla bla bla..."

Do you have any suggestions on how to find out who my account manager is?

I was wondering the same thing and then I tried the "Feedback" button within Season Management and put a comment about what I was seeing.  They responded to me pretty quickly (next day), via email.

image.png.992f79e790ab2fa8159302fecd616b3e.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jon Kuznicki said:

Just to provide an update on this.  I was able to get in contact with support and it was determined that the problem with events not showing up is related to creating the events as "recurring" in the App or Team Center.  The development team is working on a fix and hope to have this updated soon (sounded like within the next couple of weeks)

Ah - do those even show up in your Schedule for your Season? We didn't use them (to the frustration of my scheduler, who is used to scheduling with recurring events in League Athletics and did not enjoy scheduling 500 practices by hand) because we didn't see them in the schedule.

Recurring events have literally been on the roadmap since April.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've been using SE for years and just this past season have found a decline in their response time. I have also had this issue and reading all the comments here is not encouraging. This is a very expensive app that doesn't do what I need it to and very very manual. I should go back to the free sites at least I know it's manual but I'm not pay $$ for this! I will continue to follow this and hopefully find a solution. My issue is the same and it's very frustrating. I have sent numerous Chats and emails to support@sportsengine.com and only received a response for a completely different issue (a registration). I guess they want to collect their money but not help with the actual usage of their app like SCHEDULES! Anyway trying to be hopeful that an easier workaround comes up. Thanks all and good luck!