New App

CH15

The new app looks nice, but I was hoping for new functionality. One thing that is worse is the schedule. Hmaving to click in to each day to see what you have scheduled is way worse than a list of all events in order. Perhaps some people prefer the calendar view, but at a minimum it should be an option to view it how you used to have it, and how it is now. For me, it's worse. u

1 hour ago, CH15 said:

The new app looks nice, but I was hoping for new functionality. One thing that is worse is the schedule. Hmaving to click in to each day to see what you have scheduled is way worse than a list of all events in order. Perhaps some people prefer the calendar view, but at a minimum it should be an option to view it how you used to have it, and how it is now. For me, it's worse. u

I agree that the schedule is FAR less usable. Comparing to a leading competing app that our coaches love, that other app also has a list view. The list view is great for our family that has 4 teams right now. The calendar view not so much.

I just want standings for Season Management BETA in the app, and emailing the team from the app, like Sports Management had.

On 9/26/2023 at 7:37 PM, freezinKT said:

I agree that the schedule is FAR less usable. Comparing to a leading competing app that our coaches love, that other app also has a list view. The list view is great for our family that has 4 teams right now. The calendar view not so much.

I just want standings for Season Management BETA in the app, and emailing the team from the app, like Sports Management had.

I totally agree, Standings and emailing from the app are paramount, as well as the list view.  I've debated posting the microsite link in the chat feature for out teams.  So at least they can just go to the chat and click the link to see standings.  But that is still not ideal

• Like 1

On 9/30/2023 at 9:13 PM, riseatl said:

I totally agree, Standings and emailing from the app are paramount, as well as the list view.  I've debated posting the microsite link in the chat feature for out teams.  So at least they can just go to the chat and click the link to see standings.  But that is still not ideal

I just tried to show a dad in our league the microsite standings yesterday. Only I couldn't. Because the team names cover the actual table values on a phone. The names don't text wrap and it looks so awful.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, freezinKT said:

I just tried to show a dad in our league the microsite standings yesterday. Only I couldn't. Because the team names cover the actual table values on a phone. The names don't text wrap and it looks so awful.

That sucks, smh I hadn't actually done it yet just thought it was a quick workaround,.  I'll just have to take a pic and post it on IG or something or within the team chats..

7 hours ago, frankfortgladiatorwrestlin said:

how will we be notified that the email option will be available on the app? I was not aware of a new app update until I came on here. I had to delete the old app and reload it today.

I thought emailing teams was on either app for Sports Management and only broken for beta Season Management. Is this wrong?

@freezinKT that is correct - there should be no issue if your organization still uses Sport Management. Season Management messaging is coming very soon.

Our Product Team is well aware of the list view feedback on schedules. The reason the change was made was to improve performance and reliability, however, we are taking into account viewing preference and user experience. 

• Like 1

Marie Fitzgerald

Director, Product Marketing

• 2 weeks later...

Updated the Sportsengine app today and the calendar view is extremely not useful when it comes to looking at schedules- especially when you have 2 of more different teams.   I’m a team manager for one of those teams and the ones who’ve updated feel the same way, I quickly put out a chat not to do the update.   Maybe if I could understand the reasoning behind it or better functionality or accessibility it would be an easier sell for me, but as it stands right not I am not a fan. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2023 at 5:04 PM, Marie Fitzgerald said:

@freezinKT that is correct - there should be no issue if your organization still uses Sport Management. Season Management messaging is coming very soon.

Our Product Team is well aware of the list view feedback on schedules. The reason the change was made was to improve performance and reliability, however, we are taking into account viewing preference and user experience. 

This needs to be fixed ASAP, parents are missing events because of this new view. The reliability in the old app was fine, how do you not thing about user experience when designing an app for users? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, my sports engine app auto-updated, and the calendar view that I loved because I could see all games from 3 different teams in one location is gone!!  Having to click on each individual calendar date to examine schedules is not helpful or efficient, especially when you have multiple teams.  Is there a plan to update the functionality to return the calendar list view to the current version of the app? If so, what's the timeline for deployment?

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/4/2023 at 5:04 PM, Marie Fitzgerald said:

It's two months since this post and there is no list view. The app is largely unusable now because the ability to plan ahead sends you into click after click after click. I don't need to know what's going on today, I need to know what's going on over the next few weeks and months. Fix it, please.

• 1 month later...

Any update on the ability to send messages from the app? This is how our coaches communicate with the players and parents. We set up under Season Managment and it doesn’t look like there’s anyway to delete it and go back under Sports Managment. 

• Like 1