Where did all the app features go?

Laura N

Our winter rec season was in the old system. We were changed over to "Season Management" without being asked or told. Now we have a barely functioning app that doesn't communication with the new micro-site. 

Here are two screenshots of the app, one from this winter, with all the features, most important of them is STANDINGS. 2nd screenshot is the new teams, which only have schedule, roster and chat. The standings are live, as I can see them on the micro-site, but nothing in app. 

Nothing updated in app gets pushed to HQ either. So when a coach updates their game time, if they don't tell me, the microsite will say one thing and the app another. Scores also don't move app to microsite/HQ. I have to hold my phone and look at what the coaches did and then type them into the computer, then publish. 

How can I fix this so parents aren't missing games depending on where they look? Why did they take working features and break them? 

IMG_0674.jpg

IMG_0675.jpg

1 hour ago, Laura N said:

Our winter rec season was in the old system. We were changed over to "Season Management" without being asked or told. Now we have a barely functioning app that doesn't communication with the new micro-site. 

Here are two screenshots of the app, one from this winter, with all the features, most important of them is STANDINGS. 2nd screenshot is the new teams, which only have schedule, roster and chat. The standings are live, as I can see them on the micro-site, but nothing in app. 

Nothing updated in app gets pushed to HQ either. So when a coach updates their game time, if they don't tell me, the microsite will say one thing and the app another. Scores also don't move app to microsite/HQ. I have to hold my phone and look at what the coaches did and then type them into the computer, then publish. 

How can I fix this so parents aren't missing games depending on where they look? Why did they take working features and break them? 

IMG_0674.jpg

IMG_0675.jpg

unfortunately this is the new world under Season Management, its mind boggling why they changed with so many features not brought over or missing.  I've reached out about having the standings brought back at least and was told "oh they can go on line" then why have the app?  And yes the microsites dont auto publish.  The hope is those features will return at some point but no idea when.  Apparently the right people haven't begun to complain or enough people haven't left for them to be taken serious.  I've given them til end of they year before I start seriously shopping around.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, riseatl said:

unfortunately this is the new world under Season Management, its mind boggling why they changed with so many features not brought over or missing.  I've reached out about having the standings brought back at least and was told "oh they can go on line" then why have the app?  And yes the microsites dont auto publish.  The hope is those features will return at some point but no idea when.  Apparently the right people haven't begun to complain or enough people haven't left for them to be taken serious.  I've given them til end of they year before I start seriously shopping around.

I was just told by a rep they would move us to Sports Management…after we’ve put in 40 teams and over 700 games/events for our season, but we’d have to redo ALL that. No. We can’t redo our entire season mid-stream.

We asked to drop back multiple times before the season started and we’re repeatedly told no.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Laura N said:

Our season is about to start... any work on bringing back standings in app?

Interestingly this one is not on the roadmap. @Marie Fitzgeralddo you know if this is planned? I know emailing from the app is, but the standings would be valuable too. Since the season microsite doesn't wrap team names in the standings view (which is highly annoying), it is nearly impossible to see standings on a mobile phone (even turning the phone sideways). I tried to show one of our families the standings a few weeks ago and couldn't.

12 minutes ago, freezinKT said:

Interestingly this one is not on the roadmap. @Marie Fitzgeralddo you know if this is planned? I know emailing from the app is, but the standings would be valuable too. Since the season microsite doesn't wrap team names in the standings view (which is highly annoying), it is nearly impossible to see standings on a mobile phone (even turning the phone sideways). I tried to show one of our families the standings a few weeks ago and couldn't.

As of right now, when coaches input scores into the app, they do not update the microsite, is there something I am missing? Why have scoring in app if it's non-functional for standings purposes? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Laura N said:

As of right now, when coaches input scores into the app, they do not update the microsite, is there something I am missing? Why have scoring in app if it's non-functional for standings purposes? 

Someone will have to manually "sync"  the settings  then it will update the microsite its not automatic anymore

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, riseatl said:

Someone will have to manually "sync"  the settings  then it will update the microsite its not automatic anymore

Yes, this. But be careful. There are times when a score inputted by coaches doesn't "count" for standings purposes (I assume somewhere in the code something barfs and the standings don't get recalculated). I've been going through as an admin daily and checking all of our games to look for new ones and make sure the standings reflect them. I've also, of course, reported the bugs that seem to contribute to this as I've seen them.

The "sync" button for the microsite and the lack of team pages being created automatically when teams are moved from inactive are really annoying. I push that button multiple times daily.

• Like 1

Yes I just dealt with this this past week, apparently one of our games wasnt counting and had to go from in progress-->completed.  Even though the game was a few weeks back so yea its a weekly check now untill our leagues are over for the year.  Fortunately its not much longer.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

In past seasons I would use Diamond scheduler software that directly connects into SE and then imports the season back into ES.  That is not working currently.  Really bad experience to have to create or find a new game scheduling process.

You used to be able to schedule time to with SE support to walk through issues,  that's no longer available.  Yesterday I submitted a request first thing in the morning and didn't get a response until 3PM and all they did was repeat my question and then would not respond again.  

• Like 1