Assigning a team to a division via team registration

Pete Dunne

Hi @Pete Dunne, it looks like your team has not completed the onboarding checklist in your SportsEngine account yet. Please login to your account and review the checklist to ensure proper setup for the new season.  Here's the walkthrough for Division setup >

If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact your account manager or support@sportsengine.com.

I think the point was missed here.  In LA, when a team registered for a tournament, they could choose the age division they are playing in which was pre configured by my in the Seasons, divisions portion of League Athletics.  I was able to link the team reg to this season and divisions and allow then to pick.   I am hoping this is something that can added to the SE platform.  Goes the same for players that later sign in to complete an online waiver.  In LA, once a team was registered in the division, it would then be live through the player register and assign himself to the team.  This was an extremely helpful functionality as program directors could access the team roster and see who did or did not complete the waiver.  Thoughts on all?

On 9/1/2023 at 2:54 PM, Pete Dunne said:

I think the point was missed here.  In LA, when a team registered for a tournament, they could choose the age division they are playing in which was pre configured by my in the Seasons, divisions portion of League Athletics.  I was able to link the team reg to this season and divisions and allow then to pick.   I am hoping this is something that can added to the SE platform.  Goes the same for players that later sign in to complete an online waiver.  In LA, once a team was registered in the division, it would then be live through the player register and assign himself to the team.  This was an extremely helpful functionality as program directors could access the team roster and see who did or did not complete the waiver.  Thoughts on all?

I've mentioned in a few place that it would be nice - since NBC Universal owns both products - if HQ went through all the features of League Athletics and put them all on the roadmap for Season Management. Sure some might be reimagined, but the basic functionality should all be there. Equally important it all needs to be rock solid and not buggy.

Sure would be nice if they did that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pete Dunne said:

So is anyone responding to you or does it go ignored.  

If I reach out to the more helpful members of the HQ help desk team, I typically am told they will let the development team know of my request and they do tell me if other users have also asked for the same features. If I reach out via the "Feedback" button on Season Management - which I am told is the preferred way to reach out directly to the development team - I typically get no response.

In general, except when reporting a specific bug in existing features, I have no way of knowing if they listen to my many extensive feature requests which accurately represent what large-ish youth sports leagues in our area need.

• Like 1