reliable iCal feed with teams indicated?

Is there an iCal feed link for multiple teams that will include the team name in the event summary?

I have four teams' calendars to follow:  three as a guardian of a player (parent) and one as a fan (spouse).  Unfortunately, some of these teams will schedule an event named "Practice", and in the ical feed, and thus on the subscribing calendar application, I cannot tell which team it is from the event alone.  That's tricky when shuttling players around.  I've tried the following feeds:

• ical.sportsengine.com/v3/calendar/ical?team_ids=def...,987...,1a2...
    Does not put team name in ical event SUMMARY

• ical.sportsengine.com/v3/calendar/ical?uuid=123abc...
    Does not put team name in ical event SUMMARY

• my.sportngin.com/ical/my_teams/?u=123abc...
    Does put team name in SUMMARY but is missing two teams

Any advice?  Thanks.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Google Calendar:

1. Open Google Calendar.
    2. Click on the settings (gear icon) for the calendar you want to share.
    3. Choose "Settings and sharing."
    4. Scroll down to the "Integrate calendar" section.
    5. Under "Public address in iCal format," click on "ICS."
    6. Copy the provided URL, which is your iCal feed.
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Jonathan Jordan said:
  • Google Calendar:

1. Open Google Calendar.
    2. Click on the settings (gear icon) for the calendar you want to share.
    3. Choose "Settings and sharing."
    4. Scroll down to the "Integrate calendar" section.
    5. Under "Public address in iCal format," click on "ICS."
    6. Copy the provided URL, which is your iCal feed.

None of the feeds provided by HQ indicate which team a given event is for. I believe that's OP's question.

Thanks, @Jonathan Jordan@freezinKT is right — I'm looking for a SportsEngine generated iCal link that (A) has all my teams on it, and, (B) prefixes the calendar events with the team name.

The "My Teams schedule" link I get from the mobile app (on iOS) give me A but not B.  Piecing together all the teams from the mobile app's individual team calendar also gives me A but not B.  The S.E. website gives me a "My Teams" schedule link that has B but not A — several teams are missing.

Hi all, 

Just checking in on this feed and wanted to provide a few notes. First off, thank you for your feedback and collaboration among admins. We love to see this and appreciate it. Second, it's best to ensure you've adequately subscribed to iCal. You can review these steps here. 

The feed is only as good as what the admin inputs for the event (i.e. calendar description, team, etc.). We advise adding as much detail as possible to these for the parents to view (i.e. Practice [Team Name] as a title).

Our product team is reviewing a ticket regarding iCal functionality and working to improve this experience. I hope that helps provide transparency.

3 hours ago, Kelsey Erwin said:

Hi all, 

Just checking in on this feed and wanted to provide a few notes. First off, thank you for your feedback and collaboration among admins. We love to see this and appreciate it. Second, it's best to ensure you've adequately subscribed to iCal. You can review these steps here. 

The feed is only as good as what the admin inputs for the event (i.e. calendar description, team, etc.). We advise adding as much detail as possible to these for the parents to view (i.e. Practice [Team Name] as a title).

Our product team is reviewing a ticket regarding iCal functionality and working to improve this experience. I hope that helps provide transparency.

@Kelsey Erwin would your team be willing to review what League Athletics did for their "Family Schedule" functionality? It provided exactly what is requested plus more. The event title was shown, plus the team name as assigned in the system, plus the location NAME as assigned in the system along with the address. Right now the currently iCal feeds only show location address. Many of our locations have multiple fields at a single address and it would be nice to see that the scheduler has put

<Kid 1's team> Practice <Field 1> <Address>

Where the scheduler only has to make an event for "Kid 1's Team" that is "Practice" at "Field 1" which they have already set to be at "Address"

It's always better for the overworked volunteers who run youth sports to give them as much functionality with as little work as possible rather than saying to poor users "You do all the work, our API can't handle it."

• Thanks 1

We have several teams in there for several kids and having them all consolidated into one feed is a bit problematic.  Is there any way to generate individual calendar feeds instead of having them all fused into one?  Color coding calendars goes a long way in our household to avoiding conflicts and being at the right place.

5 hours ago, Kevin Mullen said:

We have several teams in there for several kids and having them all consolidated into one feed is a bit problematic.  Is there any way to generate individual calendar feeds instead of having them all fused into one?  Color coding calendars goes a long way in our household to avoiding conflicts and being at the right place.

Yes, you can do this. The one you want from the list @Mostly Grammatical provided is

https://ical.sportsengine.com/v3/calendar/ical?uuid=

After uuid=, put the universally unique ID of a single team. You can find that by going to each team's TeamCenter and copying the string that shows up there after the last slash in the URL. That has numbers, letters, and dashes.

Do that for each single team, subscribed separately.

That's how I got all my kids' teams as separate colors in my Google Calendar.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Kevin Mullen said:

Oddly that doesn't seem to be working. Even tried it with webcal:// instead of https:// and nothing shows up for the individual team calendars.  Format is identical for the consolidated calendar though and it seems to work without any issue.

Ugh, my bad, I mistyped.

http://ical.sportsengine.com/v3/calendar/ical?team_ids=<uuid>

So basically the consolidated calendar, but only one UUID at a time.

On 8/29/2023 at 11:35 AM, Kelsey Erwin said:

We advise adding as much detail as possible to these for the parents to view (i.e. Practice [Team Name] as a title).

Thanks, @Kelsey Erwin, this is a good practice and what I've asked the various leagues to do.

Just to be clear, however, an existing calendar feed already adds the team name automatically to the iCal feed.  This is the feed you get from your own account's schedule page on the SE website (https://my.sportngin.com/user/schedule), selecting SYNC SCHEDULE and then "Other Calendar" for the iCal/webcal link.  The problem with this feed is that it does not include every team — it shows me only two of four.

The feed you can get from the mobile app does correctly present all teams, but does not adorn the events with the team name.

se-fodder.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I will note this also seems to be an issue for people using SportsEngine Motion and Team Unify, as described here:

So NBC Universal, your users really want a single button subscribe option that has extra data (Team Name, Location Name, possibly season/division info). They've been asking for it for months. It will make lots of people very happy. Please listen.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/30/2023 at 6:23 PM, freezinKT said:

Ugh, my bad, I mistyped.

I confirm using the https://ical.sportsengine.com/v3/calendar/ical?team_ids= followed by your teams UUID works, I had tried multiple variations of webcal, http, my.=sportngin.com ect as they have now set it in the sync button all of which never worked. I assume they are working on a fix, but doing the above FINALLY got me in on my Outlook Client. whewww that was rough.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 8/30/2023 at 6:23 PM, freezinKT said:

Ugh, my bad, I mistyped.

Thank you for this reply. You saved me a lot of frustration trying to get my calendars to sync with my DAKboard. I couldn't get anything until I used this format and the separate calendars to be able to color and add icons for each one is an added bonus. 

Help!  I am driving myself bonkers trying to figure this out.  When I look at individual calendars, the UUID is exactly the same across all my teams.  So, the workaround doesn't seem to be working.  I have 3 boys playing lacrosse and hockey - every single team uses SE.  I am dying over here without being able to color coordinate.  Some of our teams post the calendar on their website, which gives the individual iCal and that works slick.  The teams who only use SE, every one has the same UUID which is so confusing.  @Myler - I see you did this recently, so it gives me hope it still works.  What am I doing wrong?   I followed the "other calendar" link on the app and compared the UUID for 2 teams and they are the same.  I must be doing something incorrectly.  Thanks for any assistance anyone can provide.  

I just figured it out!  I had to grab the UUID from my laptop, I couldn't get it from the app.  Thank you to everyone who posted on here.  I am doing cartwheels right now!  🙂  @Myler - ignore my earlier tag!  

• Like 1