Adding teenage kids to the app

Anna

Question

Hi,

My teenage son would like to have his own access to the team in the app to follow the schedule independently and also to communicate with the coach. He has been added to my profile, and he also sent a request to be added to the team. Nothing seems to be working. What is the solution in the app for the kids to have direct access to schedules and chats? Thank you.

6 answers to this question

Hi Anna,

The best way to accomplish this today is to have your son create an account (he must be over 13). Once that account is created, follow the directions here to add him as a 'guardian.' This will allow him to manage the profile.

thank you,

-rob

Rob Bedeaux (he/him/his)
Director, Partnerships & Symphony Marketing
E rob.bedeaux@nbcuni.com

NBC SPORTS NEXT & FANDANGO

Trying to add a guardian... My teen created her account.... And the invite link sent to email is giving a 404 - Page not found error... Now what? 

ERROR 404: FILE NOT FOUND

SportsEngine

Sorry, the page you requested was not found.

You've requested a page that does not exist. The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Try these options:

• Please check the URL for proper spelling and capitalization.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.

On 8/21/2023 at 4:15 PM, bstadick said:

Trying to add a guardian... My teen created her account.... And the invite link sent to email is giving a 404 - Page not found error... Now what? 

SportsEngine

You've requested a page that does not exist. The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Try these options:

Someone from my league just reported the same bug. They worked around it by copying and pasting the invite link into the browser directly. Not sure why that worked when clicking didn't.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2023 at 4:15 PM, bstadick said:

SportsEngine

Try these options:

Users from my league are still reporting this bug. Would be nice to have fixed.

15 minutes ago, Kelsey Erwin said:

Hey @freezinKT, we had a site interruption. Product released an email with a status update. Have they attempted logging back in today? Also, are you adding on the mobile app or desktop?

The bug reports I got were added via the SportsEngine profile of the Account Owner (so the Household -> Player Sub-Profile -> Add Guardian route). The reports were filed over the course of about a week and a half separately, so I'm not sure if one single interruption could have been the cause.

I haven't heard from any other users today, but I have also been advising everyone to use the copy and paste work-around I posted above if they see the 404 error.

• Thanks 1