What is it?

Don Seiler

Curious what "Club Teams" is? My org is a youth hockey association. It sounds like this might work for us. Right now we set up each of our youth teams in their own solo league with just them. We add opposing teams just for the scheduling purposes but don't use standings.

• Moderators—SportsEngine HQ

Thanks for the comment @dtseiler.  Club teams is way to organize a group of teams that don't need standings.  This functionality is meant to eventually replace the Solo Team.  Organizing your teams into a Club will make creating a new season super easy.  With Solo Teams, you would need to create new team pages every year.  Club teams is giving the Organization the ability to easily copy over the teams to create that new season.  Club Teams also makes rostering your new season a snap with the new rostering tools, so these two new features work hand in hand.  Note - you can still use the new rostering tool if you are using Solo Teams, it's easier to use the filtering functionality if you have Clubs set up.  

We just recorded a webinar on setting up your Club Team page which we'll be posting soon.  Also, I'd recommend reaching our to your Account Manager for assistance and tips on setting up your club.  Let me know if you don't know your AM and I can connect you.

Here's a link to the webinar we did. 

As the level director for our local youth hockey association, we are using Club Teams to replace the old way of setting up solo teams every year. If you're not using standings, I'm certain you'll want to set this up.

Oh, and if you are already in your season let it ride with the solo teams if you're already set up. Then, jump to this next year. We just wrapped up our season and am in the process of setting up the new system of Club teams. 

https://community.sportsengine.com/news_article/show/898051

OK so I've got a Club/Divisions/Teams broken down where "Club" is my association overall, "Divisions" is Mites, Squirts, PeeWees, Bantams. Then in each I have teams (Squirt A, Mites Blue, etc). Although we only have one team each for PW and Bantams, I just  made "A" teams for each division.

When adding games, I'm assuming that I should be using "Custom Opponent" every time? And are the custom opponents unique to their division, or team?

Looks like custom opponents are unique to teams. My Squirt B team doesn't see the opponents I created for Squirt A.

Follow-up, can I manage the custom opponents list? Rename/remove teams? Can I pre-create the custom opponents to minimize the opportunity for someone else to fat finger something?

• 4 weeks later...

@Jessica or Jim,

Any thoughts on my earlier follow-up question?

Follow-up, can I manage the custom opponents list? Rename/remove teams? Can I pre-create the custom opponents to minimize the opportunity for someone else to fat finger something?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived