Can you pass parameters to the microsite?

freezinKT

I would dearly love to be able to pass parameters to the microsite. For example now that our first HQ season is ending, I want to create an "archive" page with old seasons linked. However I'd like to default the view to either "Season Start" or "In the Past" so those microsites don't auto-display as "You have nothing scheduled!"

In addition we have division-level pages. I'd love to be able to have a microsite on each season page filtered to just that division. Right now, however, there are neither division level microsites nor a way to pass in filters to the microsite.

As usual my real wish is that we didn't have microsites at all, but a true "Team Center" like Sports Management on HQ, League Athletics, Sports Connect, Crossbar, Team Sideline, and all the rest that shows pages that look like our regular webpage and include all the things the microsite includes (standings, scores, schedules, rosters, team information) integrated with our master calendar. But since they haven't given any indication of doing that, the above would be nice.

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

Please provide an update or any clarity on how microsites will evolve.  They are very limiting as they stand today.  I would love to be able to default to a specific division rather than loading an entire season or a team.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HPBAadmin said:

Please provide an update or any clarity on how microsites will evolve.  They are very limiting as they stand today.  I would love to be able to default to a specific division rather than loading an entire season or a team.

Ideally they evolve into not microsites, but first class pages like all the competitors have.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I was able to copy the microsite code for a division and then create a link on our website menu that loads the microsite filtered to that specific division.  You should see a microsite link somewhat similar to the following:

season-microsites.ui.sportsengine.com/seasons/SEASON_ID/schedule2;division=DIVISION_ID

Just replace SEASON_ID and DIVISION_ID with the appropriate values for your organization.

Not sure if this would work similarly for an archive or starting at a specific date, though it does look like you could pass another date filter parameter as part of the link.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1