Calendar Feed to Google Calendar only shows events for one team

Doug Rentz

I have two teams in the system, and my schedule page shows events for both teams. However, when I use the Sync Schedule link and sync to google calendar, only the events for the first team (under My Teams) show in google calendar. Is this a known issue?  

• Like 2

Someone else reported the same issue from My Teams as reported here:

You should be able to sync via the mobile app or each individual TeamCenter page for the two teams (separately) to get both teams, but when you do that it won't tell you which team.

I saw @Kelsey Erwinfrom HQ elsewhere was monitoring the forum and reporting bugs. Maybe she can put this one in?

• Like 1

@Doug Rentz, try copying a webcal link from the mobile app.

I have what I'd bet is the same problem with the calendar subscription link copied from the SE website's view of all of "My Teams" — it shows me only two of four teams I'm interested in.  However, under the mobile app, I can do this:

• Go to Schedule
  • Press the  little calendar/arrow icon in the upper right corner
  • Select "Other Calendar"
  • Press OK in the upper right

Then my phone's clipboard has a webcal link that shows me all of my teams' calendars in one.  N.B.:  this calendar feed will not include team names that aren't already in the events.  So, if one team schedules an event "Practice," and another does as well, you won't know which is which without clicking the detail link for more details.  That's the subject of my other post in this forum.

Edited by Mostly Grammatical
  • Like 1

On 8/28/2023 at 5:21 PM, Mostly Grammatical said:

@Doug Rentz, try copying a webcal link from the mobile app.

I have what I'd bet is the same problem with the calendar subscription link copied from the SE website's view of all of "My Teams" — it shows me only two of four teams I'm interested in.  However, under the mobile app, I can do this:

• Go to Schedule
  • Press the  little calendar/arrow icon in the upper right corner
  • Select "Other Calendar"
  • Press OK in the upper right

Then my phone's clipboard has a webcal link that shows me all of my teams' calendars in one.  N.B.:  this calendar feed will not include team names that aren't already in the events.  So, if one team schedules an event "Practice," and another does as well, you won't know which is which without clicking the detail link for more details.  That's the subject of my other post in this forum.

Thanks a lot - I should have clarified, I'm doing on this from a browser on my desktop computer, on the SE website, and specifically selecting Google Calendar link after pressing Sync Schedule at the top right of the Schedule page that shows all events for all teams I have in the system. 

I'm going to try from the phone app to see if that works per above.

Edit -- that worked, subscribing to the individual team calendars from the phone app (using the same Google Calendar option). So the bug seems to be on the SE website, where you aren't able to select individual team calendars. Thanks all for the responses

Edited by Doug Rentz

• 2 months later...

Now they have removed the ability to do the work around. Just went in through the app on my phone and went into the individual teams and grabbed the calendar link and they made the link the same for all calendars so now I can't even do the workaround... SportsEngine why would you remove the ability to do something that clearly multiple people want, myself included!!!!!! I was bummed as we just got our DakBoard up and running and now it won't be able to show our family who has practices and games and where because everything is the same feaking color. You said you talked about this on your RoadMap in July and it is now November and it seems the only thing that you have done is removed the workaround ability to have separate calendars. I don't know what kind of sprints & product development workflows you are using but someone is dropping the ball on this one!! PLEASE either provide this ability or go back and allow the workaround for us who are willing to do the extra work for different calendars. I still can't believe that you removed a work around when you have acknowledged on this forum that it has been talked about and then multiple treads in this forum asking for it... Make organizations want to keep using your app instead of giving us reasons for the association boards to look for other alternatives! 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, WyldRyd said:

Now they have removed the ability to do the work around. Just went in through the app on my phone and went into the individual teams and grabbed the calendar link and they made the link the same for all calendars so now I can't even do the workaround... SportsEngine why would you remove the ability to do something that clearly multiple people want, myself included!!!!!! I was bummed as we just got our DakBoard up and running and now it won't be able to show our family who has practices and games and where because everything is the same feaking color. You said you talked about this on your RoadMap in July and it is now November and it seems the only thing that you have done is removed the workaround ability to have separate calendars. I don't know what kind of sprints & product development workflows you are using but someone is dropping the ball on this one!! PLEASE either provide this ability or go back and allow the workaround for us who are willing to do the extra work for different calendars. I still can't believe that you removed a work around when you have acknowledged on this forum that it has been talked about and then multiple treads in this forum asking for it... Make organizations want to keep using your app instead of giving us reasons for the association boards to look for other alternatives! 

If you are willing to go on your browser on a computer and use TeamCenter, you should still be able to do this in a slow and hacky way. Grab the actual URLs of the iCal feed and put them in Google Calendar as web feeds.

Making sure those Google calendar feeds then sync to an iPhone is complex but doable https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/1855/can-i-get-my-iphone-to-see-the-other-calendars-from-google-apps-for-domains-ca. Not sure about DakBoard, as I've not used it.

But yes, in general having to do so. much. work. using HQ and the SportsEngine app to do things that happen automatically or with a single click in other league management platforms is miserable.

• Thanks 1