SportsEngine API

Our club would greatly benefit from the ability to integrate with registration data from the system. Our use case is that we take information collected during registration like date of birth and weight to determine the division in which a player should be placed. Currently, I manually export new registrations to a CSV file as they come in and copy and paste the new registration data into a master spreadsheet where I have some formulas to assign the player to a division. I then go back to SportsEngine and manually update some hidden fields I created on the registration. It's a tedious process that could be completely automated if the data could be accessed programatically.

There is a SE developer site at https://developer.sportsengine.com that seems to be outdated and is missing crucial information (e.g. authentication). There's also no place in my SportsEngine HQ to create an API key. I contacted SE support about this and after the (very kind) support rep did quite a bit of digging, I was told the existing API is closed to new users. Is a new API (or access to the existing API) on the product roadmap for SportsEngine?

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Our couch recently contacted me about building out a new website. I am currently exploring the scope of the job and was also very excited to find the API. Can you please provide a contact email for the API approval process? I was wondering if anyone has created a Postman Collection already also?

Thanks,
Gary

1 hour ago, Gary Medina said:

Hi,

Our couch recently contacted me about building out a new website. I am currently exploring the scope of the job and was also very excited to find the API. Can you please provide a contact email for the API approval process? I was wondering if anyone has created a Postman Collection already also?

Thanks,
Gary

Once you get API access, there's an entire forum they spun up recently to discuss: https://community.sportsengine.com/forum/55-api-integrations/

Would love to see it more active.