Deleting Duplicate Registrations

ballch

Question

As I understand it, the best practice for dealing with an unwanted registration is to make the player "inactive". What is the suggested method to deal with a duplicate registration? Is there a way to delete the second registration, or do we just make the second "inactive"?

5 answers to this question

23 hours ago, freezinKT said:

I was able to delete my own kids' registrations when I was testing out the system. Has the guardian tried to delete the duplicate?

I am not sure. I will check. Seems odd though that an admin does not have an easily accessible way to delete a registration. What if the family is disgruntled and doesn't respond to the request to delete?

Does no one from SportsEngine have an answer to this?

Hi there,

Welcome to the SportsEngine Community, where admins can share insights and collaborate with one another!

Re. Duplicate registrations - if both have gone through your system, you should make the registration entry inactive. This will keep it on hand so your books stay in balance. To make an entry inactive, follow this instructions.

Thanks for choosing SportsEngine!

4 hours ago, Kelsey Erwin said:

Hi there,

Welcome to the SportsEngine Community, where admins can share insights and collaborate with one another!

Re. Duplicate registrations - if both have gone through your system, you should make the registration entry inactive. This will keep it on hand so your books stay in balance. To make an entry inactive, follow this instructions.

But inactive registrations still reduce the inventory available on the registration page.

Edited by ballch

Hey @ballch,

The system should update a bit after the registration is marked inactive, freeing up the inventory. Just takes a little time. If this has not occurred and you need to update fast, you can delete the entry if the registrant didn't pay online. To do this, go to Registration > Registrations > Click Registration Name > Use Quick Report or scroll down to find the registrant. Then, click on the entry, then delete. Additionally, if you want to change the owner (for instance, if they registered one of their kids twice by accident) you can  change the owner of the registrant entry. Hope this helps!