Registration Close-Date Warnings?

jeffwest

Question

Last week the warning icons (screenshot below) showed up before all of my active registrations. It indicates that I need to close the registration by May 15th and create a new one from a copy beyond that. Anyone else seeing this and know why it's happening? I have a few registrations that are kept open for longer periods of time and having two separate registration events to refer to will be annoying.

I asked this question in the Registrations forum, but it didn't get any traction there. Anyone else seeing these?

image.png.2a61abaf7b5c5e23e98f59f402d7eaf9.png

9 answers to this question

Thanks for flagging this again and apologies for missing the first post you shared. We have officially released all new financial tools and registrations to SportsEngine HQ which should be turned on for your organization automatically. The only outlier, as the warning message says is that if you have built registrations on our "legacy" tools, we need to migrate those over by May 15th in order to comply with new requirements. 

Our Registration Team can help you copy and get new registrations set up, however, I understand that having two sessions open is not ideal. How long do you typically keep those sessions open?

We have some helpful resources located within the blue "need help" button that can walk you through the process as well. 

Marie Fitzgerald

Director, Product Marketing

On 3/8/2023 at 4:40 PM, Marie Fitzgerald said:

Thanks for flagging this again and apologies for missing the first post you shared. We have officially released all new financial tools and registrations to SportsEngine HQ which should be turned on for your organization automatically. The only outlier, as the warning message says is that if you have built registrations on our "legacy" tools, we need to migrate those over by May 15th in order to comply with new requirements. 

Our Registration Team can help you copy and get new registrations set up, however, I understand that having two sessions open is not ideal. How long do you typically keep those sessions open?

We have some helpful resources located within the blue "need help" button that can walk you through the process as well. 

Thank you. Most of our registrations are open for 6-10 weeks. We have some registrations that we keep open for most of the year. So my questions are:

1) Can we create a new registration and merge participants from an older one into the new one?
2) If not, can I copy the existing registration and have the new tools available, or do I need to start from scratch with the registration?

Thank you!

You will be able to copy the existing registration that you are using right now onto the new tools and be good to go. If you want some assistance with this, you can reach out to our Support Team directly within your SportsEngine HQ account!

• Thanks 1

Marie Fitzgerald

UPDATE: If you open the existing registration and click "Copy Registration" it does not work. However, if you are on your Registration List page and just click the three-dot menu on the far right of the registration you want to copy, and click Copy there, it works.

Nevermind, it didn't. It looks like I may have to start from scratch.

Edited by jeffwest
New info

We created a great walkthrough to help with this process, if you go into your Registration list page (URL should look like this - https://www.org.com/survey/list) and add this at the end "?walkme=19-1382127" it should help you out.

Let me know if this is not the case and we can try another method!

Marie Fitzgerald

I need help with this topic but I can't reach anyone. I have attempted to follow the directions but keep getting error messages.  Am I to understand that no registration that has been used in the past is able to be updated to the new system?  I have members that have automatic renewals year over year and now I am susposed to have EVERYONE re-register AGAIN?

You should be able to copy your current registration to the new system; however, it would require members to go through the new registration one time. 

To help better understand how to help, what use case are you solving for? How do your members auto-renew through registration each year?

Marie Fitzgerald

I FINALLY got my season registration built on new tools back in March, however now I need to create a new registration and no matter if I copy an old one or built one from scratch I get the error that it is built on legacy tools.  The help chat literally takes DAYS to get back to you now and is not useful at all.