New and Improved Discounting for your next Registration

Marie Fitzgerald

During your registration process, it's important to provide your members with flexible payment options as well as specific discounts. It's common to provide "Sibling Discounts" or "Buy X, Get Y" which means you have the option to discount specific sale items (Get) and specify sales items as the requirement for the discount (Buy). 

While this has been available within SportsEngine HQ for years, we have made some improvements to the process of setting up and managing discounts in our new Financial Tools. If your organization has yet to migrate over to the new tools, you are missing out! 

We have released new reports, updated payment terms, the ability to change payment plans after they have been used, and now, even more discounts to help you provide the best possible experience to your members. 

Interested in learning more? Log into your SportsEngine HQ account today and navigate to the Discounts tab within Financials. 

Not a SportsEngine HQ customer yet? Browse our package options today.

Screen Shot 2023-02-23 at 11.24.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-02-23 at 11.24.18 AM.png

• Like 1

Marie Fitzgerald

Director, Product Marketing

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Will more than one automatic discount code be applied? For example, if I create a "2nd sibling discount" that discounts my entire cart when there are two registrants, and a "3rd sibling discount" that discounts my entire cart when there are three registrants, will it apply both of these when I have 3 sale items? I want to make sure it's only applying the 3rd sibling discount in this case, and that they aren't receiving both.

22 hours ago, Brooke W said:

Will more than one automatic discount code be applied? For example, if I create a "2nd sibling discount" that discounts my entire cart when there are two registrants, and a "3rd sibling discount" that discounts my entire cart when there are three registrants, will it apply both of these when I have 3 sale items? I want to make sure it's only applying the 3rd sibling discount in this case, and that they aren't receiving both.

We have the exact same setup, and no, it wasn't (they had to explain it to me twice before I registered, ha). All our sibling discounts are $25 per kid, so our "second sibling" discount is $25, then our "third sibling" discount is $50 to cover both second and third sibling, then our "fourth sibling" discount is $75, and you could keep going. Once I figured out how it worked it worked really well.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, freezinKT said:

We have the exact same setup, and no, it wasn't (they had to explain it to me twice before I registered, ha). All our sibling discounts are $25 per kid, so our "second sibling" discount is $25, then our "third sibling" discount is $50 to cover both second and third sibling, then our "fourth sibling" discount is $75, and you could keep going. Once I figured out how it worked it worked really well.

Awesome, thanks so much for your feedback!

Can someone please explain exactly what options they selected in Discounts to set up a $25 sibling discount for each subsequent sale item?

Type=Automatic

Name=Sibling Discount '23

Value=$25

(the next steps are where I need the help! 😉

Thanks!

On 7/1/2023 at 10:01 PM, Eric Bischof said:

Can someone please explain exactly what options they selected in Discounts to set up a $25 sibling discount for each subsequent sale item?

Type=Automatic

Name=Sibling Discount '23

Value=$25

(the next steps are where I need the help! 😉

Thanks!

I have it like:

Second Sibling Discount - $25

Third Sibling Discount - $50 (covers siblings 2 & 3)

Fourth Sibling Discount - $75 (covers siblings 2, 3, & 4)

And it is working. I don't think we've ever had five siblings register at once so I stopped after 4.

Edited by freezinKT
  • Thanks 1