Printing a US Club Soccer Roster with Limited Players

Ben Schaum

Still trying to figure out how things work with the National Registration System.  In Kyck, we used to set up our official roster with our players that are carded to play within our league.  Then, when we would go to play in a tournament, we would create a new roster in Kyck and only include those players that were going to play in that tournament.  

In the new Governing Seasons section, I can print a roster for a given team, but it always includes everyone.  Similarly, if I am in my Team page, I can print a roster, but it is not the official US Club roster and it still includes everyone. 

Does anyone know how to create a "Tournament Roster" for specific players for that tournament?  Otherwise, coaches can just cross off players that are not playing, but we realized used that function in Kyck last year.

• Moderators—SportsEngine HQ

Hi Ben.  Thanks for reaching out.  You can easily modify who is printed out on a roster by inactivating the player and/or staff within a team in the governing season.  If you navigate to the Players (or Staff) > Actions column, click on the inactivate link.  When you print out a roster, the inactivated players (or staff) will not appear on the printed roster.   Inactivating a user doesn't affect their overall status within US Club, it will just remove them from the printed roster.  Simply activate the player (or staff) if you want them to appear on the printed roster after your tournament.

Let me know if any questions!

Jessica 

Competition Product Manager

That is great news!  Inactivating a player sounds so serious that I didn't think that it would just remove the from the printed roster (I assume that also removes them if you print cards, too).  It make sense once you explain it.

I have a follow up question.  As of now, it seems like only the site administrators have access to make changes under the US Club Soccer Activities (Governing Seasons, Memberships, etc.).  I want each coach to be able to manage their team, print their roster, and print cards.  Those were permissions that I set in Kyck when I added a coach to a team.  How can a coach on a inactivate their players and print their own roster?  How do I give them access?

Great questions.  Right now to take action within the Governing Season for US Club, an individual needs to have either Org Admin or Governing Season Admin role.  These can be granted by going to the individuals profile > roles and selecting the applicable role.  Org Admin is a platform wide role that gives them access to all things (which doesn't sound like you want to give to coaches) such as finances, etc.  Governing Season Admin would be a great role to give your coaches.  This gives them access to just governing seasons and would allow them to manage the roster, print cards and rosters, as well as inactivate a person.  But....this does give them access to all teams, not just a single team, as was done in Kyck.  We know that this is a permissions change from Kyck and we are continuing to look at ways to make the process easier on everyone...from the Registrar to Coaches. 

• 1 month later...

In my response on August 8th, I included in my parenthetical about inactivating a player that "I assume that also removes them if you print cards, too".  We played in a tournament this weekend and needed to provide the cards for those players that were participating.  We inactivated a number of players and printed our roster.  When we printed the cards, all of the cards on our roster were printed, not just the activated players.  

We need the ability to select which cards we print, so we don't waste paper and time to get to the cards we need.  Is there a way to just print selected cards?

Hi Ben.  You can print individual cards for members of a team on the player page.  On the players page, select those players you wish to print cards for and click the "Print Cards" icon in the upper right.  You can filter by a specific team or click on the player hyperlink on the team pages to see that team only.  

Re: printing from the team page - The way the print card functionality on the team page, it looks at membership eligibility status, not roster status.  So when you're on the team page in Governing Season and click "Print Cards" under the action column, the system is going to pull all team members who are eligible and approved, regardless of participation status (i.e. active or inactive.)  Thanks for your feedback in this, I do see your point in not wanting to print unnecessary cards.  

Hopefully that helps.  Let me know if questions!

Jessica 

Thanks for the information.  I had not noticed the Print Cards option at the top that becomes active if you check specific players.  I was looking for an option on the player row, similar to the options on the Team row and only saw the "activate/inactivate" option.  We will definitely use this feature to print individual cards!

Thanks!