Games - adding Opponents 3 options?

rockylacrosse

Hi new to SE.   

We are a lacrosse club of three teams that plays in a high school league.  We have one team in a D1 Division and two teams in a JV Division.  

I was told to use the Club setup.  So I made a Club with two divisions and then placed the Teams in the appropriate Divisions.  

In the Club setup there are three options for opponents - Teams, Outside Club, and Custom Opponent.  Can someone please explain the difference in these three?  

Yes I was adding via the Team Page is that is what I was instructed to do.

I set up our opponents as actual teams in my divisions and then I disabled the team so that it does not appear on the website.  I was told I needed to do it this way if I wanted to use school logos for game scores which I do want to do.  (see Opponent Team Setup)

If I do manually add a game through the Team Page this works out nicely as I only see my teams that are the specific division.  (create new game from a Team)

I was just curious what those other two options were from the Team Page.  

Now if  I go through Manage Team to add a game then it gets messy pretty quick.  I see every opponent that I ever created in the Opponent list(not just in a particular division).  And I only see my Varsity team in the Home/Away.  So that won't work with the way that I setup the opponents.  (see team center adding a game to a Club.jpg)

Regarding the mass upload.   That would be great!  Questions are - 

1) Will an upload work with the way that I did set up the teams? 

2) Our League actually just purchased SE and I have been told that I will be able to access the games from their site.  Is this a manual export from their site and upload to mine or do they actually connect to one other?

I guess bottom line is how do I need my teams to be set up in order to leverage that my league is also using SE while also being able to utilize the school logos of opposing teams?

34413917_OpponentTeamSetup.png.fa88a41ef592fe324e337352888e9289.png

1186378133_CreateNewGamefromaTeam.thumb.png.004fd1da7bd572a3a64ea98a12a19057.png

1308756668_TeamCenterAddingAGametoaClub.thumb.jpg.ae826a13dd3565a577fbbf97ecaa4ce3.jpg

Archived