Paying outside of terms?

Proulx06

Love this functionality! Our lax org does a lot of custom payment plans for families and we'll lean on this heavily. I already have 4 custom payment plans/terms out there. 

One question I got from our president...one parent wants to pay $100/mo, but then pay extra when they can. I sent myself a test invoice using custom terms and couldn't figure out how to pay extra. Is this possible? 

Thank you Proulx06.  That's great to hear! Please let us know how things go over the course of the season.

Customers will always have the option to pay the following at checkout:

- Past due balance

- Next payment

- Outstanding balance

In the cases where parents want to pay extra they can pay the next payment ahead of time or if they were to reach out to an admin you could adjust the next payment to be for the amount they requested to pay.  The customer themselves cannot pay a different amount than the three amounts listed above. 

Thanks so much! 

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a plan to implement a feature that allows you to add a payment term to an existing invoice? Say you issue an invoice for a full amount, and someone comes in wanting to make a partial payment. Right now, this requires us to create an entirely new invoice.

We are running into this a lot with the change-over to the new feature, as we have a lot of teams that split payments but the invoices were issued before the changes, and oftentimes we don't know how teams plan to split up payments.

We are happy to have the payment terms in PowerPay but sure do miss some of the other capabilities before the changes, like being able to make partial payments on the fly.

• 3 months later...
So I can't recall if this functionality existed originally, but I'm now seeing an 'Apply Credit' feature in PowerPay. So if someone has $500 outstanding on a PowerPay invoice with payment terms, and they hand you a $200 check in person, you can apply a credit to any one of the future payments (both in full or partial). It's absolutely the answer to my question above...making me think it's a more recent feature and not something that existed when I asked. 

Archived