Question about Guardians

Proulx06

Question

I have two married parents - Eric and Julia. 

Eric registered their son Sam, who was rostered onto a team page that is set to PRIVATE.

I want Julia to be able to see the private team page. Obviously she can use Eric's credentials...but would adding Julia as a guardian for Sam accomplish the same thing? Or does the linking of Julia to Sam not extend to private roster permissions? 

Assuming she still won't have access, what's the preferred method for granting Julia her own access?

7 answers to this question

Hmm, ok. So guardians won't solve this issue. We have football teams that post their playbooks on the site, and so we mark those team pages as private...and for families that use the guardian functionality, only the parent with the 'primary' account can access the team page. The guardian/spouse can't see it. 

Do you know if there are plans to extend the guardian functionality to include website permissions and not just mobile app? 

I push all my parents to use the app but it doesn't help with the content they need/want is on the team page.

Great topic - to piggy back, We have a PRIVATE team page with contact information in our roster. Some Parents have chosen to use the Guardian option - they are able to see all icons on the mobile app and can see everything EXCEPT they cannot see the roster.

Is this common or is there a setting on my end I should be looking at?  

Thanks.

Hey JoeLopez,

I responded to you via private message. But, want to post here as well to help anyone who is following along.

The team page was set to disabled which would keep that info out of the mobile app. If you change it to private, parents (and guardians) of rostered athletes will be able to see the roster. 

Archived