Search Field on Rostering Page

Proulx06

I shared this with Jessica, but just curious to hear what others have said. I just rostered 350 kids onto 16 teams, and used the 'name' filter almost exclusively. I found myself wishing it was on the main rostering page, instead of being buried in the Filter pop-up...which required a few more mouse-clicks per kid. Curious if I'm the only one. 

I do find myself re-engineering my registrations for future years to make it easier to sort/filter players for rosters, though. And I'll also require coaches to register going forward to - this year only about 20% of my coaches had a profile. 

All in all I dig the changes! Thanks for all the hard work, SE!

Did you try using the Keyword search field? That will search the name field. I almost always use the keyword as it is much more flexible--especially when filtering teams where it can include Club/League, Season, Subseason, Division, and team.

Rob Bedeaux (he/him/his)
Director, Partnerships & Symphony Marketing
E rob.bedeaux@nbcuni.com

NBC SPORTS NEXT & FANDANGO

Hi Rob,

I did use the keyword search, and it works great. What I'd love to see, though, is that keyword search box moved to the main Rostering page. Right now you have to click Filter, then type or paste the name in, then hit Apply Filters (as enter doesn't work). Three clicks, times 350 players...it would just be much faster if that keywork search box was moved to the Rostering page and allowed you to hit enter to apply the filter. 

Archived