HOW DO I ACCESS "EDIT MODE" ON MOBILE WEB BROWSER

JayMJ23

Hello,

Myself and the other "administrator" for our youth softball league's website are desperately needing assistance with using "edit mode" while accessing our site from our mobile devices' web browsers!  Just to be clear, I am strictly referring to the mobile web browser; not your Sport Ngin mobile app!  For some reason we are not able to access "edit mode" on our mobile device(s).

Due to the frequent need to post important updates to our "home" page of our site regarding inclimate weather (i.e. rain) while we are actually at the ball fields and/or elsewhere, our league needs this capability without issue!

PLEASE HELP!

Hi Jay,

Unfortunately, you cannot edit the layout or content within a page layout from a mobile device. However, there are several other options at your disposal for updating folks about weather events using the mobile app.

1. From the mobile app, if you update the status of a game from scheduled to postponed (or any status) all team members will get a push notification.
  2. From the mobile app, you can send out an message to all members of a team and that will show up via push notification, email and if the parent has enabled it, text message.
  3. From your user dashboard, if you have a public group of your members, you can then send a message to everyone that is in that group. (http://help.sportngin.com/customer/portal/articles/619369

Now, with that said, we are looking at ways to simplify the process of handling rain delays and other situations that would cause a bunch of games to be changed at once. 

thanks,

-rob

image1.thumb.PNG.b5d98d7f4867b361d01c9cee77348c06.PNG

Push_Notification.jpg.1cdd0199eae9c2aedcd66dfbcab4a694.jpg

Game_Status.thumb.PNG.bc73f860a7ba5738d3453a8bb2813a57.PNG

Rob Bedeaux (he/him/his)
Director, Partnerships & Symphony Marketing
E rob.bedeaux@nbcuni.com

NBC SPORTS NEXT & FANDANGO

hello Rob, thank you for your reply... i must admit that learning this news regarding not having such capability is very disappointing.....

for what it's worth, my phone is LG (Android) and has no luck accessing "edit mode" from either its generic "Web" mobile browser or from "Chrome".

however, i later attempted it on my Amazon Kindle tablet and was successful accessing "edit mode" on my tablet via its "Silk" web browser! so it's very puzzling why the same can't be done on a smartphone. this also makes me curious if other tablets would be successful?? (such as Apple iPads, or Samsung, or Motorola, etc etc)

Just to add to the conversation' date=' my iPhone running iOS 9.3 cannot edit but my iPad with the same iOS can. I was surprised when I saw that. [/quote']

Hey thanks for sharing your results with your devices! hearing this, plus knowing my own devices' results, i'm going to assume that tablets have the capability unlike smartphones... so i guess if you are an "administrator" for your site, you could just keep your tablet with you at all times & hope there is an available wi-fi connection! SIGH...

I actually travel with a small laptop just to be able to make changes to our site. Thankfully my phone serves as a hotspot so finding wifi isn't ever a problem.

good luck!

Thanks for the tip. It's crazy that we have to go those extra measures, but i guess it is what it is...

Hey all,

Regarding the devices you can access edit mode on is based on the display size only. The display must be 768 points wide regardless of the actual device. This generally means tablet or larger. However, some non-iPhones do display a larger number of points.

See the following article for some information on px vs points on an iPhone. Executive summary: iPhone 6 Plus is only 746 points horizontally. 

http://www.paintcodeapp.com/news/iphone-6-screens-demystified

-rob

Rob Bedeaux (he/him/his)
Director, Partnerships & Symphony Marketing
E rob.bedeaux@nbcuni.com

NBC SPORTS NEXT & FANDANGO

Hey all' date='

Regarding the devices you can access edit mode on is based on the display size only. The display must be 768 points wide regardless of the actual device. This generally means tablet or larger. However, some non-iPhones do display a larger number of points.

See the following article for some information on px vs points on an iPhone. Executive summary: iPhone 6 Plus is only 746 points horizontally. 

http://www.paintcodeapp.com/news/iphone-6-screens-demystified

-rob[/quote']Seems like 512 points might have been a better cutoff than 768. Any chance of a simple solution like that? I must admit I was very disappointed to discover after we upgraded to the new template that a design decision had been made to remove functionality that worked under the old templates without communicating the new limitation..

• 3 months later...
Even the option to edit the venue's on the go from a phone would be a huge step.  Honestly, as much as I love the software so far - this would likely have been a show stopper for us.  Most of the time when we need to close the fields we are at the fields or on the road and being able to make that change from a mobile device is important.   I can wait to make other changes if necessary.  

• 3 months later...
Edit mode worked on my iPhone until the "Edit Mode" switch moved to the left side of the page.  Not being able to enter game scores or add important notices from my phone is a terrible loss that should have been avoided.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...