Standings Not Showing Win-Loss Record from some games

RossG

We've got some scored and completed games not showing up in the standings.  The runs scored and allowed show up for the team, but the Win or Loss does not.  We've played about 100 games (and have 450 more to go) so it's almost unmanageable to figure out which games are the issue.  Does anyone know any workaround to get the standings to show up, either through Season management or Excel or another option?  We've submitted a bug report but no progress and since we're in our season, I'm not sure how to handle it other than manually doing standings for 85 teams across 7 divisions on paper, which I would prefer not to have to do!

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, RossG said:

We've got some scored and completed games not showing up in the standings.  The runs scored and allowed show up for the team, but the Win or Loss does not.  We've played about 100 games (and have 450 more to go) so it's almost unmanageable to figure out which games are the issue.  Does anyone know any workaround to get the standings to show up, either through Season management or Excel or another option?  We've submitted a bug report but no progress and since we're in our season, I'm not sure how to handle it other than manually doing standings for 85 teams across 7 divisions on paper, which I would prefer not to have to do!

This is an ongoing bug and there is no easy fix.  We don't run a league as large as yours but this is what I would advise. 

1.  Manually have the game scores saved off on a game sheet or in excel for each game as a hard copy backup.  We print out the game schedule everyweek and write down the scores on there.  I keep them during the season just in case.

2.  IF you look at your games scheduled, do all the games have scores?  What I found with us is I would score a game and save it.  Sync it then come to find the system zero out the game. So the game shows completed and I scored it but it didnt recognize in the standings.  I would then go back and change the game status to in progress score the game again then change to completed.  After syncing I verify the score/standings have changed.  I have the microsite open on another tab so its a quick look to verify the changes have been made. You can filter by week or date etc..to narrow it down easier. see pic

3.  Hit the feed back button(SEE PIC) within season management, leave a one star with the issue your having, this is what I did when having the stats issue last year.  I did press the button about every other week to escalate the issue as well.  Probably not what you wanted to hear but as of now this is what I have done, when the issue arises.

FEEDBACK BUTTON.jpg

SEASON FILTER.jpg

• Like 3

@riseatl Thanks for the suggestions.  I did submit feedback once but I have not done so weekly.  As you suggested in 1 above, most of our age groups are tracking the scores manually using a spreadsheet or on paper (hard to believe that a "season management" tool cannot produce a team's win-loss record for a season, but here we are!). 

The missing games (or at least the earlier ones) sometimes appeared to have scores but I cannot remember if I was looking in the same place all of the time (microsite, season management).  Since my original post we've also found future scheduled games that show up only in season management HQ, others that show up only on the microsite, and still others that are randomly duplicated in one or the other location.  With that new issue combined with the number of games involved I can't even trust that the list of games itself is correct, much less the scores.  Given the workload involved and the fact we have to score it manually or in GC or something else anyways (there is no way I could trust them to be correct at this point, since I know that they are wrong), I've just given up on worrying about re-scoring and syncing repeatedly  since with 500+ games that approach is basically hopeless.  If they ever fix it we might try that, but until then that just seems like a lot of work on a problem that will just re-occur.

1 hour ago, RossG said:

@riseatl Thanks for the suggestions.  I did submit feedback once but I have not done so weekly.  As you suggested in 1 above, most of our age groups are tracking the scores manually using a spreadsheet or on paper (hard to believe that a "season management" tool cannot produce a team's win-loss record for a season, but here we are!). 

The missing games (or at least the earlier ones) sometimes appeared to have scores but I cannot remember if I was looking in the same place all of the time (microsite, season management).  Since my original post we've also found future scheduled games that show up only in season management HQ, others that show up only on the microsite, and still others that are randomly duplicated in one or the other location.  With that new issue combined with the number of games involved I can't even trust that the list of games itself is correct, much less the scores.  Given the workload involved and the fact we have to score it manually or in GC or something else anyways (there is no way I could trust them to be correct at this point, since I know that they are wrong), I've just given up on worrying about re-scoring and syncing repeatedly  since with 500+ games that approach is basically hopeless.  If they ever fix it we might try that, but until then that just seems like a lot of work on a problem that will just re-occur.

In your case I'd suggest coaches manually put the schedule in GameChanger so parents can sync calendars to it and basically give up on using Season Management at all.

In fact you could potentially even use GameChanger organizations (https://gc.com/post/organizations-open-beta), export your Season Management schedule, and use that for scores and standings. Even if coaches don't want to use GC to do the actual scoring they could keep a paper score book and just enter the score in GC afterwards. Perks of this also include getting away from the bugginess of the chat in the SE app. Cons include changing apps mid-season.

The issues you are seeing are why we moved away from SE. Our new platform is not perfect - I am currently yelling at them about issues with their sync to GameChanger in fact - but games stay scheduled when and where we schedule them, scores and standings don't disappear once updated, and the calendar sync works.

• Like 1

Just now, freezinKT said:

In your case I'd suggest coaches manually put the schedule in GameChanger so parents can sync calendars to it and basically give up on using Season Management at all.

In fact you could potentially even use GameChanger organizations (https://gc.com/post/organizations-open-beta), export your Season Management schedule, and use that for scores and standings. Even if coaches don't want to use GC to do the actual scoring they could keep a paper score book and just enter the score in GC afterwards. Perks of this also include getting away from the bugginess of the chat in the SE app. Cons include changing apps mid-season.

The issues you are seeing are why we moved away from SE. Our new platform is not perfect - I am currently yelling at them about issues with their sync to GameChanger in fact - but games stay scheduled when and where we schedule them, scores and standings don't disappear once updated, and the calendar sync works.

Oh, this is how to do a bulk schedule import for each division so you can basically move your scheduling from SE to GameChanger. No conflict checking, but it's worthless on SE anyway so you have to do it manually.

https://gc.com/post/organizations-bulk-schedule-importer

@freezinKT  One of our divisions is using GameChanger and I just bulk imported the schedule after matching up the team names in Excel with a lookup.  Had to score a couple games that had already been played (we just manually adjusted score rather than score play by play for those), but since then we've had no issues.  We're not even bothering to post scores in SE anymore since the standings are completely wrong anyways.  Would have done for all of our divisions if we'd known ahead of time the issues we'd have.  Next season we will probably go that direction for all ages.  I'm using Diamond Scheduler for scheduling anyways so the conflict checking is covered there.  With as many games and players as we have, we are happy to pay for a decent product, but right now they couldn't pay me to use season management for another season.

• Like 2