Score Entered, Shows Up, but Standings and Microsite Messed Up

freezinKT

After a game was played, the home team coach entered the score on the app, per league policy. It showed up in Season Management schedule as 6 to 7. As webmaster I go through and hit "publish" on the season microsite just about daily or whenever I see new scores. Seeing this one, I hit publish and moved on.

Later in the day I went back and looked at the microsite itself. The game was showing up as 0 to 0. The Season Management schedule page still showed it 6 to 7. Then I checked standings, both on the microsite and in the Division view of season management. The game was being counted as a tie.

Has this happened to anyone else? The lack of data correctness in the system is a total killer! I worked around it by scoring the game from inside Season Management to 6 to 7 and it corrected the standings and microsite (with another manual push of publish, of course).

It's fall ball for us, with no end of season tournament. So standings aren't a huge deal now. But in spring they will be. This has got to just work. I can't go through correcting the standings every day on top of having to push "publish" every day. I'm a volunteer, as are most SE HQ users I imagine.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, freezinKT said:

After a game was played, the home team coach entered the score on the app, per league policy. It showed up in Season Management schedule as 6 to 7. As webmaster I go through and hit "publish" on the season microsite just about daily or whenever I see new scores. Seeing this one, I hit publish and moved on.

Later in the day I went back and looked at the microsite itself. The game was showing up as 0 to 0. The Season Management schedule page still showed it 6 to 7. Then I checked standings, both on the microsite and in the Division view of season management. The game was being counted as a tie.

Has this happened to anyone else? The lack of data correctness in the system is a total killer! I worked around it by scoring the game from inside Season Management to 6 to 7 and it corrected the standings and microsite (with another manual push of publish, of course).

It's fall ball for us, with no end of season tournament. So standings aren't a huge deal now. But in spring they will be. This has got to just work. I can't go through correcting the standings every day on top of having to push "publish" every day. I'm a volunteer, as are most SE HQ users I imagine.

Yes I find myelf having to go into the season it self to score the games, and publish then verify they are correct in the app.  Our leagues don't look at the microsite so its not too bad.  However I have had to do this multiple times throughout the season.  Usually I will write down the scores as a back up and make sure they get entered at the end of the day.  Once again was told this was a bug, bugs are usually fixed with patches and updates within a month maybe 2, I just don't think they know what they are doing, and bit off way more than they can chew.

• Sad 1

Just now, riseatl said:

Yes I find myelf having to go into the season it self to score the games, and publish then verify they are correct in the app.  Our leagues don't look at the microsite so its not too bad.  However I have had to do this multiple times throughout the season.  Usually I will write down the scores as a back up and make sure they get entered at the end of the day.  Once again was told this was a bug, bugs are usually fixed with patches and updates within a month maybe 2, I just don't think they know what they are doing, and bit off way more than they can chew.

I thought it was overkill when one of our commissioners suggested having coaches email scores to the commissioner for each division to verify, but I guess that's what we'll have to do unless they prove to me this is fixed. Sigh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, freezinKT said:

I thought it was overkill when one of our commissioners suggested having coaches email scores to the commissioner for each division to verify, but I guess that's what we'll have to do unless they prove to me this is fixed. Sigh.

I would actually recommend it, yea its extra work but there needs to be a copy of scores somewhere unfortunately...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Saw another, even weirder version of this today. A coach entered a score that the system ate, flipping it to blank and the game to "In Progress." I switched the game back to "Completed" in the Schedule view and the score showed up - flipped, with the wrong winner. Unfortunately a game between the same two teams in the future of our season also showed up as scored, with the correct score for the old game and the future game "In Progress." I had to work with the coaches to figure out which was the correct score, but when the home team tried to fix it, the fix didn't stick just as was described above. Instead I had to manually go score the game in Season Management to get the standings correct.

Does anyone have a set of steps for their coaches to score on the app to work around the system's tendency to mess up scores? I'd prefer not to have to try and make time to track accurate standings across divisions, making sure no game scores get eaten or changed automagically.