Location Appearance on HQ vs Microsite vs App

Laura N

See Screenshots.

My location information is unreadable in app. Even though I have carefully created it in HQ, it appears as code/gibberish to parents in app. Additionally on the microsite, it doesn't display the address, only the site name and a clickable link that tries to open a map app on the desktop. 

Screen Shot 2023-09-12 at 11.18.22 PM.png

IMG_2E2B3D92C10F-1.jpeg

7 hours ago, Laura N said:

See Screenshots.

My location information is unreadable in app. Even though I have carefully created it in HQ, it appears as code/gibberish to parents in app. Additionally on the microsite, it doesn't display the address, only the site name and a clickable link that tries to open a map app on the desktop. 

Screen Shot 2023-09-12 at 11.18.22 PM.png

IMG_2E2B3D92C10F-1.jpeg

I have seen this behavior with iCal events on our site and in my calendar, but only sporadically. It looks as if they pull JSON (a sort of computer code) straight out of their database sometimes and display it instead of displaying just address as an address. I would file it as a bug and also ask their developers to stop taking “move fast and break stuff” as a literal motto. So many things about Season Management feel rushed and unfinished - like this. It makes us, the leagues using it, look bad.

• Like 1

Re-upping. Refreshed many of our calendar feeds due to a schedule change affecting a bunch of our teams - we have all iCal feeds imported onto our calendar and tagged to the appropriate team so everyone can see events as well as games out the public site. Saw the issue with the JSON location instead of plain text location for several teams games and its not going away. I assume it will in the next automatic refresh?

1 hour ago, freezinKT said:

Re-upping. Refreshed many of our calendar feeds due to a schedule change affecting a bunch of our teams - we have all iCal feeds imported onto our calendar and tagged to the appropriate team so everyone can see events as well as games out the public site. Saw the issue with the JSON location instead of plain text location for several teams games and its not going away. I assume it will in the next automatic refresh?

...and I also saw the same issue when I checked out a TeamCenter for an impacted team, which means it also shows up in the app like @Laura Nmentioned above.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Laura N said:

Reupping because I still have the same issue. 

I found a solution - but it's annoying.

1. Go back and edit the location or locations causing this bug (in our case it was just one location). Make a small tweak and save, make a tweak back and save again to make sure it really changes.
  2. Re-do every.single.event or game with that location so that they grab the copy of the fixed location since changes don't propegate through HQ's database.
  3. Voila - fixed...after potentially hours of work.