Allowing team registration with no payment required up front but collect later

Pete Dunne

Question

League Athletics allowed me to send a payment due email (BALANCE REPORT menu item) with a link to a very convenient ONLINE credit card form so the payment went through that system.   Can that be done in SE or would I need to collect any credit card payments in another method (such as Square)?   I would think SE would want the transaction.

1 answer to this question

On 9/1/2023 at 3:44 PM, Pete Dunne said:

League Athletics allowed me to send a payment due email (BALANCE REPORT menu item) with a link to a very convenient ONLINE credit card form so the payment went through that system.   Can that be done in SE or would I need to collect any credit card payments in another method (such as Square)?   I would think SE would want the transaction.

We do this for our waitlisted registrants.

Basically you create a smart group from your registration of all the people you will later need to invoice. We broke our smart groups up by the cost of the invoice because our different levels cost different amounts, but you may not need to.

Then you go into your member directory, pick that group, and use the 'Send Invoice' function to send them an invoice. Here's the helpdesk article on how to do that.

If you don't start with a registration creating the group might be a little more manual, or you can also invoice person by person. But the basic idea is there. Invoices are what you want.

We typically invoice sale items, which allow our coupon codes to be used on invoices as well as regular registration fees. We just send the same sale item to the invoice we attach to our non-waitlist registrations.

One thing I appreciate about HQ is that it sends automated reminders once the bill is past due, though you can also send your own custom reminders explaining to people why it costs to play sports.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1