Mobile App Added Players Not in Members?

freezinKT

Our house teams use HQ to register, but our travel teams do not. However we created teams for them in Season Management as our scheduler still schedules their practices on our fields and has to do conflict checking for them.

Now some of the coaches have decided to use the HQ app for communication and practice RSVP management with their teams, which is cool. However I noticed when the coaches fill out their rosters those players and guardians don’t get added to our HQ member directory. Why not?

• 3 months later...

I am wondering if they created teams on their own vs connecting to the teams that you scheduled within Season Management.

To help me better understand what might be going on, do you roster those teams that you are scheduling in Season Management for your travel team?

Marie Fitzgerald

Director, Product Marketing

14 minutes ago, Marie Fitzgerald said:

I am wondering if they created teams on their own vs connecting to the teams that you scheduled within Season Management.

To help me better understand what might be going on, do you roster those teams that you are scheduling in Season Management for your travel team?

So this is OBE now, as our season is over. However for future benefit, this is what happened.

• We created a season, division, and teams for our travel teams.
  • We added only a single team head coach to each travel team so that person would receive schedule notifications.
  • The head coaches of a few teams (not all) decided to check out this new app and invited all their players via the app. These players were not part of our system as our travel system does not use our regular platform to manage registration, tryouts, and rostering.

It's just interesting that those people would be "members" from an app perspective but not in our system at all. Not a problem, just interesting.

Within the app, we allow coaches to create a team for free without needing to be connected to an organization and their HQ account. We did this to lower the barrier to entry for teams who need a solution but are not part of an organization that uses SportsEngine HQ at their organization level. 

However, in your case, this caused some confusion. Essentially, the free teams your coaches created have no connection to your organization because you did not roster those athletes to those teams. They were added just by their email address and name on the free version of the mobile app.

• Like 1

Marie Fitzgerald

Director, Product Marketing

47 minutes ago, Marie Fitzgerald said:

Within the app, we allow coaches to create a team for free without needing to be connected to an organization and their HQ account. We did this to lower the barrier to entry for teams who need a solution but are not part of an organization that uses SportsEngine HQ at their organization level. 

However, in your case, this caused some confusion. Essentially, the free teams your coaches created have no connection to your organization because you did not roster those athletes to those teams. They were added just by their email address and name on the free version of the mobile app.

Well they didn't create the teams. They rostered players to existing teams. So yes, it did create some confusion. As I said, it's not a huge issue for us.

• 3 months later...
On 12/5/2023 at 9:43 PM, freezinKT said:

So this is OBE now, as our season is over. However for future benefit, this is what happened.

• We created a season, division, and teams for our travel teams.
  • We added only a single team head coach to each travel team so that person would receive schedule notifications.
  • The head coaches of a few teams (not all) decided to check out this new app and invited all their players via the app. These players were not part of our system as our travel system does not use our regular platform to manage registration, tryouts, and rostering.

It's just interesting that those people would be "members" from an app perspective but not in our system at all. Not a problem, just interesting.

I got really good information from this content. thanks for sharing.