Font Color

jeffwest

Question

13 answers to this question

Go to Website Settings > Theme Settings > Brand Color. The primary color is the header font, the secondary color is the text font. Unfortunately, SE is not "smart enough" to remember the secondary color when entering text in most page elements. I find it maddening and have made multiple enhancement requests to the dev team. My work around is to remember to change the text font myself to match the secondary theme color.
  • Like 1

The Theme Brand Colors shows two colors - the primary is a dark green, which is the header font. The secondary color is a dark blue, which I don't see anywhere on the site. The text font always shows up as a medium gray and I have to change it to black whenever I'm updating anything.

I have to do the same - change the font to #DDDDD (which is our secondary color) for any text that I'm adding to page elements. The secondary color *should* show in your menus, drop downs., etc. I'd submit a help ticket to SE and cross your fingers. Maybe they can point to a hidden setting somewhere that will change the default text box color. If so, let me know!

Hi Jeff and Coach Mike,

Question for you. Which specific elements are you trying to color? While there isn't a way to do them en masse via a setting, CSS is always available. If you've got some specific elements, I can give you a hand with what the CSS should look like.

thanks

-rob

• Like 1

Rob Bedeaux (he/him/his)
Director, Partnerships & Symphony Marketing
E rob.bedeaux@nbcuni.com

NBC SPORTS NEXT & FANDANGO

My understanding is Jeff, like me, would like to change the default text color for text block elements. I use our secondary color for text fonts and have to change with each text element. I'm using some html in some areas of the website, but no CSS.
  • Like 1

Yes, specifically the default text in text blocks. My default text shows up as a medium gray, which is a bit too light for everyday reading. It's not my primary or secondary color. I change it as needed, but it would be nice to have a default of black. I'd love to get a better understanding of how to implement CSS styling throughout the website.

OK. Got it.

You can use this CSS code snippet.

<style>
.site-body {
color: red;
}
</style>

You can use a specific color name or you can enter a hex code. 

If you want it to apply across the entire site, you need to enter it on the top-level page of each top-level navigation in your menu in the section called "Cascading <HEAD> Code:"

It will then cascade down to each page below that in the tree.

• Like 1

Rob Bedeaux (he/him/his)
Director, Partnerships & Symphony Marketing
E rob.bedeaux@nbcuni.com

NBC SPORTS NEXT & FANDANGO

Thanks Rob!

I use CSS to control our sites background color. It did not occur to me to use it to control the default text color as well. This will make things much quicker when creating new text or editing existing. I already tested it, works like a charm.