New to Clubs - Default Tags - reset them in Website Settings each new season to appear on Calendar?

rockylacrosse

Each time I create a new subseason for a Club and make it current then the old season drops off the Calendar for all my teams in a Club.  

So I  go into Website Settings -  Set Defaults and select the new seasons teams tags.  Now once I do that then will every user see all the new Defaults that I set automatically because the old season will have dropped off their Calendar?   They don't have to do anything on their end I guess is my real question.  I set the Defaults as Admin on my computer and was not logged to SE on my phone and it seems to work that way but just double checking.  

And from their end they can then toggle off whichever teams they do not want to follow for this season and then they can copy that to their personal calendar.  But they have to do this every season change yes?

Also if I have a link to a team anywhere on the website then I have to remember where those all are and go change that link to the new team/subseason every time correct?  think I am just going to get rid of all those links then [wink]

• Moderators—SportsEngine HQ

Hi there.  In regards to your questions:

1.  So I  go into Website Settings -  Set Defaults and select the new seasons teams tags.  Now once I do that then will every user see all the new Defaults that I set automatically because the old season will have dropped off their Calendar?   They don't have to do anything on their end I guess is my real question.  I set the Defaults as Admin on my computer and was not logged to SE on my phone and it seems to work that way but just double checking.  

• Yes.  The user will not have to do anything else to see those.
2.  And from their end they can then toggle off whichever teams they do not want to follow for this season and then they can copy that to their personal calendar.  But they have to do this every season change yes?

• Yes.  They need to do this every season change.
3.  Also if I have a link to a team anywhere on the website then I have to remember where those all are and go change that link to the new team/sub season every time correct?

• Not necessarily.  The user can use the season switcher to switch to the new season/sub season after clicking on the link.  

Hopefully this help!

Jessica Pitzel

Product Manager

Archived