What's the best way to email multiple teams?

Proulx06

Question

We are a club lacrosse org with north of 20 rosters - most of them are tournament teams. Any given weekend, maybe half or 75% of our teams will attend any given tournament, and we will want to email out the schedule, waiver, etc. Right now I'm using the Members view, and filtering on all of those teams. But man, it's clunky. It seems to work...but the process of adding 15 teams using the OR statements it just really slow, and while you can create a reusable Smart Group after finishing that process, odds are the next weekend there'll be a slight wrinkle to the teams invited and we'll need to create a new group anyways. 

Is there a simpler process I'm missing? Or is it worth adding an Idea that allows the use of checkboxes to select multiple team rosters in Members vs having to select the registration, then the team? It's probably six mouse clicks per team and just takes a while. 

Curious if I'm missing something. Screenshot attached with three teams...but sometimes I need to email 15 or more. 

rosters.thumb.png.2473fd651b447940fa5ce51eed68fbf5.png

2 answers to this question

Just timed it and it took me 2.5 minutes to create a smart group with 13 teams on it. If there was some checkbox functionality (vs having to click "OR" and then selecting the next team) it's probably closer to 10 seconds. Still hoping there's another way I haven't thought of...

Hey there,

You can do the same thing from the Groups and Rosters tabs under Members. If you select team rosters, you'll only see your teams. You can also add a team name search to filter the results set. For example in my screenshot, I chose 2018 to just show this years teams

Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 9.41.07 PM.png 

200590970_ScreenShot2018-06-13at9_41_07PM.thumb.png.bb0d6b9639926d328ed81c8c16cb6798.png

Rob Bedeaux (he/him/his)
Director, Partnerships & Symphony Marketing
E rob.bedeaux@nbcuni.com

NBC SPORTS NEXT & FANDANGO

Archived