Assigned Players staying in Unassigned Filter

smeisner14

I'm using the Assigned/Unassigned filter to get players on rosters. That's great, works perfect.

But there are a handful of players that, even though they are appearing on the roster of their team, they remain on the list of Unassigned players. This is even after changing the filter from Unassigned, to Assigned, and back to Unassigned.

If I try to add them to the roster again, I get the message saying that the player has already been added to a roster. I double check, and sure enough, they are on the roster, but are still showing as Unassigned in the filtering.

Any idea why it might be doing this?

I'm still having the same issue -- in the Coed one, for instance, I have almost 40 registered players who have been assigned to teams but are still showing up with the Unassigned filter.

Same in the Men's and Women's, just not as many.

• Moderators—SportsEngine HQ

@smeisner14 - try refreshing the page after rostering.  If you set the filter to show unassigned and then roster players, they will still remain on the UI (with their new team name) until you refresh the page today.   

As this makes you have to reselect the reg and filter, we're adding a fix for this shortly.  Thanks so much for the feedback on this and helping us make this a more intuitive flow.

No that is not the issue. As I said in a previous post, these players are staying in the Unassigned filter even after changing the filter from Unassiged, to Assigned, and back to Unassigned. These players are staying in the Unassigned filter even after coming back each day and rostering new players (we are in the middle of our league player registrations and have about 3000 players registering so we are updating rosters daily).

I've found a fix for now to add a registered by [todays date] filter so those registrations don't show up in the list, but obviously there is an issue with the actual rostering of those players if the tool thinks they are unassigned, but they are actually assigned to a team already.

Archived