Differentiating stats

Don Seiler

One big thing when comparing club teams to our current solo league method. I can't seem to find how to have different stats options for different levels. Mainly when it comes down to time. Pee Wees have 15 minutes periods where Squirts have 12 minute periods, for example. In the solo leagues format, I can define different stats to track.

With the Club teams, there is only one set of settings defined at the club level.

Or am I going about this the wrong way?

Not hockey, but lacrosse is close enough ? For our organization, I tread what's called in competition as a 'club' as the equivalent of my programs. I set up three of them (Boys Box, Boys Field, and Girls). There are a couple reasons behind this including different scheduling, pricing, and stat collection. By creating three, I'm able to tie a program on SportsEngine.com -> Registration -> Club/Association.

Now the one wrinkle I have with this is my 8Us don't do any stat collection at all. To accomplish this, as you've surmised, they need their own 'Club.' This actually works OK as my pricing is different so the program on SportsEngine.com can show the exact price for my 8Us which is $150 as opposed to $450 for older kids. This keeps new parents from being scared off. 

So....bottom line for us. If there is a variation in pricing, scheduling, or competition management it gets its own program on se.com, own registration, and own competition settings.

Hope that helps,

-rob

Rob Bedeaux (he/him/his)
Director, Partnerships & Symphony Marketing
E rob.bedeaux@nbcuni.com

NBC SPORTS NEXT & FANDANGO

Waaaaiiiiit a minute.

So all teams under a single club have to show the same price? That's going to be an issue here as well. Each age level is a different price for us.

Was that not the case with the solo league setup? We've always only ever had a single registration and I think it properly charged appropriately.

No. No. Sorry. Didn't mean to confuse the issue.

Solo teams, club teams have nothing to do with pricing, registration or promotion. It is how you manage your competition. HOWEVER, for simplicity's sake, I set up some parity between the entry on SportsEngine.com (see the example here) and my registrations, and my competition tools. 

My point is that there are many ways you can set up club teams depending on your needs. Sounds like in your instance that you will want to create separate club's based on your needs for varying stats configurations.

Rob Bedeaux (he/him/his)
Director, Partnerships & Symphony Marketing
E rob.bedeaux@nbcuni.com

NBC SPORTS NEXT & FANDANGO

Archived