Pay to Remove In-App Ads

BendRapids

As the SE admin for our club, I receive regular feedback from our 200+ parents. Bringing this to your attention. 

There's been noticeable increase in ads on the app over the last few years. Going into this season parents are telling me it's becoming too much and interfering with the basic functionality of the app. There is widespread support for a user option of paying a nominal fee to remove ads similar to what is being offered by stackteam, team reach, and game changer.

Edited by BendRapids
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @Simon MacKenzie I thought as much. Forgot to mention the push notifications for ads. Those are new this year (or increasing frequency compared to last season. Normally those are not a big deal as the user can turn of notifications. However, we're advising parents not to disable notifications because the majority of them convey important info like game time updates, chat, etc...

If parents don't follow our advice and intentionally disable notifications to avoid ads (spam really, most parents consider push notifications spam) now an important functionality of the app is no longer relevant which diminishes the value of SE overall.

Edited by BendRapids
added context
  • Like 1