Event Aggregator formatting

Kevin Mullen

Question

I'm setting up the event aggregator on our site, but unlike the news aggregator it doesn't seem to have a short preview text option.  If we add in a description the full description gets posted in the aggregator on the home page.  Just wondering if I am missing something or this is the way it is setup.  Would definitely prefer to just have a one sentence description on the aggregator and a link to go to the full event listing.  Thanks!

1 answer to this question

10 hours ago, Kevin Mullen said:

I'm setting up the event aggregator on our site, but unlike the news aggregator it doesn't seem to have a short preview text option.  If we add in a description the full description gets posted in the aggregator on the home page.  Just wondering if I am missing something or this is the way it is setup.  Would definitely prefer to just have a one sentence description on the aggregator and a link to go to the full event listing.  Thanks!

You can get around this by clicking "Enable Page Elements on the Event Page." Make your description the short one sentence text, then on the event page add a text box with your full description. It's non-obvious but it works.