Season Microsite Requires Manual Publish for All Changes?

freezinKT

Why does the season microsite require an admin to hit "publish" every time a change is made? Is this something other leagues want? As the webmaster for our league I'd vastly prefer our commissioners and schedulers make changes and the microsite automatically updates rather than requiring them or myself to hit yet another button. Is there a reason changes don't auto-push?

• Like 1

This is just another feature that SE intentionally broke with the introduction of Season Management. I already ranted in another topic in this forumon othe features that SE application developers decided were no longer important, so I won't repeat that here (link provided below). Bottom line is SE has disabled many of the features that us admins used to use that allowed for integration between SE HQ and the website, automatically creating teams and groups, sending club-wide communications, scheduling, etc. Obviously, there was zero user experience requirements gathering and testing prior to the release of Season Management (which, ironically, is still labeled "BETA" by SE, suggesting they know all too well that they broke critical functionality used by admins).

On 8/11/2023 at 9:47 PM, Michael Blair said:

This is just another feature that SE intentionally broke with the introduction of Season Management. I already ranted in another topic in this forumon othe features that SE application developers decided were no longer important, so I won't repeat that here (link provided below). Bottom line is SE has disabled many of the features that us admins used to use that allowed for integration between SE HQ and the website, automatically creating teams and groups, sending club-wide communications, scheduling, etc. Obviously, there was zero user experience requirements gathering and testing prior to the release of Season Management (which, ironically, is still labeled "BETA" by SE, suggesting they know all too well that they broke critical functionality used by admins).

FYI - I have found that using smart groups created from registration using the newly unveiled integration between Registration reports and Season Management team names - still a very manual process - and the legacy directory would let you send newsletters to groups. Yes, it's a massive amount of work. Yes HQ should fix Season Management or let everyone fall back to Sports Management until they can handle running a season in a way that's an exact clone of League Athletics, which had the concept to perfection. But in the interim, there are ways to work around it.

• Like 1