Play Ups/Play Downs

freezinKT

Question

We are coming over from League Athletics. I'm trying to figure out how we handle play up and play down requests on HQ. In League Athletics we had per-division sign-ups and manually moved users. Is that also what we should do in HQ, or is there another way we should handle it?

3 answers to this question

In most cases, playing up/down is really about what team the player is assigned to. In those cases, you can assign the player to any team you'd like regardless of what the player registered for. 

If you must put the player into a specific group in registration, you can edit their Entry within the registration report and adjust the response to what division they selected. Also, if there is a difference in cost between the divisions, you can use the Financials > Invoicing tool to send them an invoice for the additional amount.

Hope this helps!

On 5/11/2023 at 10:37 AM, Randy Wise said:

In most cases, playing up/down is really about what team the player is assigned to. In those cases, you can assign the player to any team you'd like regardless of what the player registered for. 

If you must put the player into a specific group in registration, you can edit their Entry within the registration report and adjust the response to what division they selected. Also, if there is a difference in cost between the divisions, you can use the Financials > Invoicing tool to send them an invoice for the additional amount.

Hope this helps!

Somewhat! Our commissioners will be pulling different reports depending on division, so I really do need to be able to help them pull the right report to assign teams (if that makes sense).

My problem is that if I filter the shown divisions by birthdate, admins can't see the other divisions either. But if I don't filter them parents will go hog wild making spurious play up or down requests (from experience). So I'm a little stuck how to keep parents from flooding the system with requests while allowing our registrar to move people where genuinely needed.

• Like 1