Hidden Registration Fields

dkhunt27

I want to be able to create a report for my team captains to find subs from other teams.  We have a strict rating system, so they will need to know the players rating along with his contact info so they can get a hold of him.

We will have every players name and contact info from the registration process.  

What I am thinking of doing is adding a hidden field that wont be displayed in the registration forms that I can fill out after the person registers and assign his rating.

Then create a saved registration report with name, contact info, and rating.

Are hidden registration fields possible?  Is there a better way to do what I want?

Thanks,

Dan

Dan,

It is absolutely possible to do exactly what you are looking for.

We create a page of questions and data fields that are only accessible by web admins. We use them for payment data, player ratings, notes on the athlete, parent notes, and a ton of other things.

When you create the registration, I usually just add a page called admin (you can call it whatever you want) and then add all the fields you want in any format (dropdown, radio (for rating a player) text for notes, etc.)

When you create the page you have the option to check the box called 'Allow this page to be viewed by Admins only.

We use this feature all the time and I do registrations for about 10 clubs, and every one of them uses this type of page simply because you can report off of it.

NOTE: remember that if you are an admin and you are testing the registration (running through to make sure it works) that YOU WILL SEE THAT PAGE.  Sometimes other admins who are not aware give me a email saying that the parents can see what I rated thier athlete, but no worries, only the admins can see it.

Yes you can report off of any field that you create as the fields will show up in the fields area of the reporting tools.

Let me know if you need any help. It's a great feature (even though we are kinda dodging the system) but well worth the effort.

(You can do some cool stuff with it as well)

ADDITIONALLY.  You can add fields to the individual registration pages as well and make them hidden, but I find it easier to just put all the admin stuff on one page.

Mark

• 1 month later...

Mark,

Thanks for the feedback, forgot to reply earlier but I implemented your suggestion.  We are just finishing up our registration and everything works.  My only feedback is entering the admin data is a bit tedious because you have to click on each registration entry one by one to update it.

I can't use the mass edit feature in the registration results because the admin data isn't "initialized" during their registration.  I can click on each registration one by one and then click edit on the admin section which then populates the answers with all my defaults...then I can use the mass edit to populate them with the real values...which works a little better.

Is there any way to get the those questions in the admin only registration tab to always populate with my defaults when they register?

Thanks,

Dan 

Dan

Sorry for the late reply. I too have faced that issue. The solution that was given to me and that I implemented was to add a default value to the field when you add it to the admin page. (Some you cannot do that with, but some you can).  And if you cannot o it with that type of field, maybe you can convert the text field into a drop down field or something that does have the ability to have a default value.

I think that SE is working on the issue. (i.e. that particular field does not have a value in any of the DB records.)

Anyway, let me know if you need anything else on the admin stuff.

Mark

Archived