Adding Clubs

BethA

We are using season management. I am trying to add a new club and it tells me I need to do this through season management. However, when I got to Season Management , I don’t see anyway to add new Clubs.

15 hours ago, BethA said:

We are using season management. I am trying to add a new club and it tells me I need to do this through season management. However, when I got to Season Management , I don’t see anyway to add new Clubs.

A club as in a program/season? As in a team?

First in Season Management add a season (example: Spring 2024 soccer or whatever). Then you add divisions (U6, peewee, whatever you call them). Then you add teams within that. When you set those teams to public/private then families and coaches can see them.

Unfortunately this won't do jack squat on your public page. You'll have to individually add pages for each team by hand, manually. I never used Sports Management, but I believe they used to do that for you and certainly many competitiors to HQ (now-defunct League Athletics, Sports Connect, Team Snap,TeamSideline, etc) do that. Hopefully they add the automated team page creation at some point.

• Thanks 1

When I go to our website and I want to add a new club page it directs me to season management but I am not seeing anywhere in season management to add clubs. So we had different Clubs and then Teams under Clubs (example we might have Club Tigers and then 2010, 2011, 2012 teams under that club and then maybe Penguins club and again 2010, 2011 teams) so I need to add a new club before I can add the teams. 

14 hours ago, BethA said:

When I go to our website and I want to add a new club page it directs me to season management but I am not seeing anywhere in season management to add clubs. So we had different Clubs and then Teams under Clubs (example we might have Club Tigers and then 2010, 2011, 2012 teams under that club and then maybe Penguins club and again 2010, 2011 teams) so I need to add a new club before I can add the teams. 

Sounds like you need to make a "Season" for each club, then.

7 minutes ago, freezinKT said:

Sounds like you need to make a "Season" for each club, then.

Actually, if teams on each club play each other (so the 2012 Tigers play the 2012 Penguins), that won't be the easiest way to do things. To keep standings and such you need teams that play each other all in one division in one season. But if you aren't worried about schedule and standings you can do it that way.