skip navigation
team center

Team Communication Wherever Your Sports Life Takes You

By Marie Fitzgerald, 09/28/18, 11:00AM CDT

Send and receive messages from your home computer or laptop as well as the mobile app

Chat functionality in TeamCenter means you can now easily send and receive messages from the comfort of your computer or laptop.

Great teams communicate, and in order to communicate effectively we need to be able to access messages from wherever our busy lives take us. 

I coach for a U11 girls soccer team, and on any given day I have interactions with other coaches, my team manager and even parents. Keeping track of the ad hoc ways that someone can connect with me is certainly not what I signed up for. I think many of you can agree, the fiasco of communicating amongst a single team can be a bit of a nightmare.

It is SportsEngine's goal to simplify your sports lives and enhance the way you interact with your teams.

The release of the chat functionality into TeamCenter is another way we are accomplishing this goal. You can now easily send and receive messages not only to your SportsEngine mobile app, but from the comfort of your computer or laptop as well. 

How to Access Chat from TeamCenter

• Navigate into your SportsEngine Account 
  • Select the Team you wish to chat with
  • Click on Chat from the left navigation of TeamCenter
  • Communicate with Team Members

Navigate into your SportsEngine Account

After you have logged into your SportsEngine account, click into your account settings. From here you will see all of the information that pertains to your account. 

Need help logging in? Click here

Select the Team you wish to chat with

From the left navigation menu, select the teams option and then select the team you or one of your profiles are rostered onto. This will direct you to TeamCenter, which is a tool designed to help you interact and manage communication, RSVPs and schedules when you can't access the Mobile App.

Not seeing a team you are a part of? You may not be associated with that team by your organization. Reach out to your coach or an admin at your organization to get you rostered onto your team.

Click on Chat from the left navigation of TeamCenter

Now that you are viewing your team on TeamCenter, you will see a new set of navigation options on the left hand side. For the purpose of this article, click into Chat to begin interacting with others who are a part of your team.

Communicate with Team Members

Here is the fun part. You can instantly start communicating with other members of your team. Figure out car pool duties, share out the snack schedules for the upcoming tournament and congratulate players on a great game right from TeamCenter chat. 

Keep in mind these messages are available on both TeamCenter and the SportsEngine Mobile App, ensuring that your communication is received no matter where the rest of the team is viewing it from. 

Unlock Team Communication from Anywhere!

Looking to take your team communication on the go? Check out our SportsEngine Mobile App to unlock all of your team tools on the go.

Download the Mobile App today!

Not using SportsEngine Team Management? Check out what you're missing here.

About Marie

Marie Fitzgerald is a product marketing associate at SportsEngine. She currently coaches a U11 girls team and runs the content on the website and social media for Fusion Soccer Club. Marie grew up playing soccer and basketball in Wisconsin and you can find a Bucky Badger bobblehead proudly displayed on her desk.