skip navigation

Before & After: Glenview Blaze engulfs fire truck

05/22/2017, 10:30pm CDT
By Loren Nelson

BEFORE

Non-responsive, old-school block design and navigation

AFTER

Responsive design better showcases organization branding; navigation optimized for mobile devices

Who: Glenview Blaze Baseball  |  What: Chicago-area travel baseball organization for players ranging in age from 10U to 14U  |  Teams: Five

When: Site redesign launched on March 1, 2017  |  Goal: Optimize for mobile devices; make site more user-friendly for parents; freshen design and navigation

Making it happen: The annual "fire truck photo" is a big deal for the organization, according to webmaster Daniel Neppl. So he was particularly pleased that a photo showing Blaze players and coaches from all of the organization's teams lined up in front of the truck (and seated atop it) played a starring role in the new site design. Neppl said the redesign went faster than he expected. "I kept being told I would get the latest revision in a week or 10 days, and I would get it in three," he said. "The only holdup was on my side. It would come back to me, and I was waiting on people in my organization." 

Board members thought (the redesigned SportsEngine site) was a really good way to promote the organization. Parents have said they find it really user friendly."
                                                                                                                                                            - Glenview Blaze Baseball webmaster Daniel Neppl

Tag(s): Showcase