skip navigation

Lacrosse scoring wizard also has website skills

By Loren Nelson, 08/22/16, 1:15AM CDT

Kevin Leveille helps make Lake Placid Summit one of nation's premier events

Webmaster of the Week: August 22-28

Name:

Kevin Leveille

Sites:

Summit Lacrosse Ventures, Lake Placid Summit Lacrosse, North Lake Tahoe Summit Classic, Northstar Lacrosse

Position:

Brand Director, event director, webmaster

Use of platform:

Registration, Sitebuilder, Tourney

Background:

Kevin’s father, George Leveille, started the Lake Placid Summit Lacrosse Tournament in 1990. Just eight teams showed up that first year, when eight-year-old Kevin helped out by stringing nets, setting up cones and scoring games. The weeklong tournament now attracts 250 teams and ranks among one of the nation’s largest and most popular summer lacrosse events. “It has been a part of my life forever,” Kevin said about the tournament, which melds his dad’s two biggest passions – lacrosse and Lake Placid. Kevin who grew up in Delmar, New York, an Albany suburb, and inherited his father’s love for lacrosse. Kevin starred in high school at Albany Academy, was a three-time All-American at UMass and played in Major League Lacrosse for 11 years, retiring in 2014 at No. 2 on the league’s all-time career goals list with 294. Kevin doesn’t have a IT, developer or graphic designer background, but he did have a desire to help out his father any way he could. “He was doing 90 percent of the work, so I decided to focus on the web platform,” said Kevin, who chose SportsEngine more than four years ago. Leveille has since taught himself the nuances of the platform as well as graphic design skills. “I wish I had gone to school for this type of thing I would probably be a lot better at it,” said Kevin, who manages four sites in all.

What he does:

As the brand director for Summit Lacrosse Ventures, Leveille keeps the company’s parent site updated as well as managing Lake Place Summit, North Lake Tahoe Summit Classic and Northstar Lacrosse sites. Kevin describes his dad as the “master scheduler” but has helped save hundreds of hours of work by by helping manage tournament schedules online using a tournament tool. The Leveille’s partnered with Advanced Event Systems to manage their events, and AES has since been acquired by SportsEngine. “There are always a lot of different scenarios with teams dropping out at the last second, bad weather and so on,” Kevin said. “With the AES system, it’s easy to make those adjustments. We are lucky.”

Making his mark:

The Lake Placid Summit and North Lake Tahoe feature standout designs, and Leveille has done his part to keep the sites looking great by adding his handcrafted design elements and high-quality photos. He was among the first SportsEngine webmasters to employ the Instagram Snapwidget as a design element on his home pages.

Loren Nelson Headshot

About Loren Nelson

Loren Nelson is Community Manager at SportsEngine. He is also the National Media Editor and has served in a variety of other customer facing and media roles since 2009.

Connect with Loren Nelson

Loren's Social Media Contacts