Fastpitch players get Texas-sized promotion

07/04/2016, 3:00am CDT
By Loren Nelson

Webmaster of the Week: July 4-10

Name: Chrissy Short

Site: Texas Premier Fastpitch

Position: Creative Director

Use of platform: Registration, Sitebuilder

Background: Short was a multi-sport standout at Westwood High School in Austin, Texas. She played basketball, softball, volleyball and ran cross country for the Warriors. Her sport of choice, at least at the college level, was softball. Short played for two seasons at the Division I level at Louisiana State University, then focused on her education – she received a bachelor’s degree in architectural studies in 2012. When Short isn’t working as an intern architect in the Austin area she’s helping out her dad, Mark, the director of the newly created Texas Premier Fastpitch. “My dad was trying to put together a board one day, and he said, ‘What do you want to be?’ ” Short said. Her choice, based on her interest in design and technology, was creative directory.

What she does: Any aspect of the organization that requires design skills – uniforms, T-shirts, the website – most likely runs through Short. Texas Premier Fastpitch finance director Jennifer Smith set up comprehensive player profile pages and made it a priority to announce Premier players’ college commitments before handing those duties off to Short. Promoting the organization’s players is a point of emphasis that carries over to Short’s days as a player. “Back when I was being recruited, I wasn’t being heavily promoted by anyone,” Short said. “My dad and I had to do all of that ourselves. Now he wants to help other girls so they don’t have to do all of that work.”

Making her mark: Short set up the Sponsors page, a time-intensive project that included tracking down and posting logos and links to the dozens of businesses that support Texas Premier Fastpitch.

Discuss on the Community Forum  //  Share or Tweet
    Loren Nelson

About the Author

Loren Nelson is the Community Manager at SportsEngine. He is also the National Media Editor and has served in a variety of other customer facing and media roles since 2009.

Email Loren a Comment or Idea

Tag(s): Webmaster of the Week