Mike Moyer

Site:

FC Revolution Soccer Club

Position:

Owner, Director of Coaching, Webmaster

Use of platform:

Sitebuilder, Registration

Background:

Moyer’s name is synonymous with both soccer and coaching in the Berks County area of Pennsylvania (about an hour northwest of Philadelphia). He’s been a mainstay on the local soccer scene for more than 30 years, going back to his playing days at Fleetwood High School where he was a first-team all-county defender in 1976. He went on to become a starter center midfielder and co-captain at Division I West Chester University. Moyer was a high school physical education teacher and boys’ soccer coach for 17 years, amassing a 305-13-15 record. He also coached girls’ soccer for three seasons at Wilson High School, compiling a 77-5-1 record and winning a state state title in 1992. He’s been a key cog at FC Revolution for more than eight years, eventually assuming sole ownership of the club. He lives in Wyomissing with his wife, Jen, and has three children: Keegan, 28, Mia, 16 and Max, 15.

What he does:

Moyer’s duties span all aspects of the club, including the setup of all its registration sessions and the regular posting of schedules, events and other content on its website. Moyer even created Mike's Soccer Blog, which he updates when he finds time. He’s not shy about expressing his thoughts, controversial or otherwise. I just write how I feel,” he said. “I don’t give it much thought.” Moyer’s injected his many opinions in his 2015 Soccer Thoughts – A to Z post that caught our intention because of its uniqueness and creativity (we didn’t mind the call out to Sport Ngin, either – check out the letter N). FC Revolution, one of Sport Ngin’s oldest clients, has about 230 players and 22 teams. All of its online registration sessions are run through Sport Ngin’s Registration software. Moyer set up custom pages with full bio information for all of his coaches, including younger brother Jerry, a former Team MVP at Penn State. 

Making his mark:

FC Revolution’s U18 Falcons girls’ team is loaded with future college players, and Moyer decked out each player’s roster page with photos and information ranging from GPA to parents’ names to contact information. “More and more, college coaches are going online to get their information on players,” Moyer said.

Loren Nelson Headshot

About Loren Nelson

Loren Nelson is Community Manager at SportsEngine. He is also the National Media Editor and has served in a variety of other customer facing and media roles since 2009.

Connect with Loren Nelson

Loren's Social Media Contacts