Webmaster of the Week: December 14-20

Name:

Rachael Cooper

Site:

Sporting Arkansas Soccer Club

Position:

Operations Manager

Background:

Cooper grew up in Wagoner, Oklahoma, which is located about 40 miles southeast of Tulsa. She played Division I women’s soccer at the Air Force Academy where she earned a degree in civil engineering. Cooper joined Sporting Arkansas as a staff coach in September of 2014 and has served as the club’s operations manager since May. Her seemingly endless list of duties includes running the main office, policy development, sponsorships, fundraising, public relations and, of course, managing the Sporting Arkansas website that was moved onto the Sport Ngin platform in August.

What she does:

Cooper makes extensive use of the Sport Ngin platform -Registration, Dibs and League all are among her club management tools. And there’s a lot to manage. Sporting Arkansas has more than 450 full-time competitive players and provides services to more than 3,000 players in all through its camps and leagues. Cooper became fluent using League while setting up pages for the 55 teams and nine divisions in Sporting Arkansas’ Winter Futsal League. She uses mass scoring to enter results from scorecards submitted by referees. “I pick the scorecards up twice a week, then enter all the scores,” she said. “Mass scoring saves me a lot of time. I’m not sure how I would do it otherwise.” Sporting Arkansas’ affiliation with its parent club, Sporting Kansas City of Major League Soccer, is clearly defined in the extensive About section created by Cooper. She also placed a video showing the club’s affiliate weekend front and center on the site’s homepage.

Making her mark:

In the Facilities section, Cooper made use of the tab element to clearly show all the field names and locations at the two main parks used by the club (one site has 10 fields and the other has six). The pages also have field reservations calendars. “Most people seem to be able to find what field they need to find,” Cooper said. “I tell my members if they would like to request a reservation please visit the facilities page."

Loren Nelson Headshot

About Loren Nelson

Loren Nelson is Community Manager at SportsEngine. He is also the National Media Editor and has served in a variety of other customer facing and media roles since 2009.

Connect with Loren Nelson

Loren's Social Media Contacts