skip navigation

Webmaster helps get the parties started

By Loren Nelson, 10/12/15, 12:30PM CDT

Lisa Schoeberl connects Hastings High School students, parents with show choirs, grad party

Webmaster of the Week: October 12-18

Name:

Lisa Schoeberl

Sites:

Hastings Show Choirs, Hastings All Night Grad Party

Position:

Webmaster

Background:

Schoeberl is a Cloquet, Minnesota, native who graduated from Bemidji State University with a degree in elementary education. She has worked as a corporate training analyst and stay-at-home mom, raising, along with her husband Brian, three boys (ages 17, 20 and 22). The youngest of the boys, Jack, is a senior at Hastings High School, located just south of St. Paul near the Mississippi River. Jack was a member of the school’s show choir before shifting his focus to basketball this year.

What she does:

Because several youth sports organizations in Hastings use the Sport Ngin platform, Schoeberl said she lobbied two years ago for the Hastings All Night Grad Party (she’s a chairperson for the organization) to do the same. “I knew people who worked on the other websites, and they told me it was user friendly - easy to do - and really quite inexpensive.” She built out the grad party site, organizing and loading all of its core content, before its 2013 launch on the Sport Ngin platform. She then did the same with the Hastings Schow Choir Booster Club site last fall. The sites are set up in similar fashion, with About Us pages devoted to explaining what each organization does, detailed Frequently Asked Questions sections and sponsorship and fundraising information. Both sites also have photo galleries from major events.

Making her mark:

Schoeberl was unable to attend this fall’s show choir parents’ meeting, so she used the free Screencast-O-Matic screen recorder to create a parent information video that explains how to sign on to the website using a Sport Ngin account, how the registration process works and how to use the Dibs online volunteer signup tool. “Last year some parents had a lot of difficulty on how to join the site,” Schoeberl said. “I felt like I didn’t do a very good job of explaining how it works. This year they played the video at the parent meeting and it was really well received. Everything has gone much smoother.”

Loren Nelson Headshot

About Loren Nelson

Loren Nelson is Community Manager at SportsEngine. He is also the National Media Editor and has served in a variety of other customer facing and media roles since 2009.

Connect with Loren Nelson

Loren's Social Media Contacts