Webmaster of the Week: Sept. 28-Oct. 4

Name:

Linty Ingram

Sites:

Centerfield Academy, Academy Select Sun Devils 

Position:

Co-owner, instructor, coach, webmaster

Background:

Ingram is a “baseball guy” through and through. He was a pitching star at Hallsville High School east of Dallas in the early to mid-1980s, and he was invited to a postseason all-star game in Houston at the Astrodome after his senior season, the only Hallsville player to ever receive that honor at the time. Ingram’s high school No. 10 was placed on the left field wall at Hallsville’s ballpark in 2010, and his parents joined him for the ceremonies. Ingram went on to stardom at Arizona State University, where he was named the 1988 Pac-10 Player of the Year after posting a 17-5 record and leading the nation in victories. The 5-foot-10, 170-poound Ingram was selected in the 14th round of the Major League Baseball draft by the Detroit Tigers in 1988. Ingram played five years in the minor leagues, reaching as high as Triple-A Las Vegas in the Pacific Coast League in 1992. Ingram moved to the Dallas area in 1994, bought his first training facility in 1997 and has been one of the area’s go-to pitching instructors for more than two decades. Multiple Twitter posts hint at Ingram’s status, including one with a picture showing him being interviewed after one of his youth team’s games. The post reads: “The Legend. #Linty Ingram.” Another post, from Ingram’s wife Sharon in July, has a picture of Ingram’s minor league baseball card with the Fayetteville Generals and reads, in part: “Love it when you find husband being sold on Twitter and eBay!”

What he does:

Ingram owns Centerfield Academy, an indoor baseball training facility just north of Dallas in Plano, and he is co-owner of the Academy Select Sun Devils Baseball Club. Ingram says his list of duties has no end and includes tasks such as “maintenance man, toilet cleaner and the bank guy.” He says keeping the two websites updated can “get lost in the shuffle” of his other duties, but he has worked to keep both sites updated with fresh content such as articles about new classes and programs, team accomplishments and tryout information. “Everything I do on the websites I am proud of, because that’s not my expertise,” Ingram said. “I’m a baseball guy. If I can do it anybody can do it.”

Making his mark:

Ingram’s sharp-looking landing page for the Teams section of the Sun Devils site incorporates multiple page elements, including a News Slideshow, News Aggregator and Team Buttons. He has given all his coaches access to manage their respective team pages.

Loren Nelson Headshot

About Loren Nelson

Loren Nelson is Community Manager at SportsEngine. He is also the National Media Editor and has served in a variety of other customer facing and media roles since 2009.

Connect with Loren Nelson

Loren's Social Media Contacts