Webmaster of the Week: August 17-23

Name:

Caitlin Krupinski

Site:

New Wave Lacrosse

Position:

Co-marketing director, co-webmaster

Background:

Krupinski, who grew up in the Chicago suburb of Crest Hill, was a standout softball player at Lockport Township High School, leading the Porters to a 2004 Illinois state championship. She also played softball at Loyola University of Chicago before graduating in 2009. Krupinski, who spent a year studying in Ireland at the University of College Cork, is a self-employed freelance artist who joined New Wave Lacrosse as the marketing director/designer in July of 2014. Her athletics background (“I grew up with club sports, so I understand the whole club sports culture,” she said) made for a snug fit at New Wave Lacrosse, a Naperville-based club that has more than 5,000 athletes participating in its programs throughout the Chicago area.

What she does:

Krupinski was heavily involved in the site’s facelift that was completed in January. She not only contributed her design input and skills, she also streamlined and re-organized much of New Wave’s content. “I had one of the dads tell me he liked how (the site) was so simple now,” Krupinski said. “Before, there was a lot of information in multiple places. It was slightly redundant.” The site was also tweaked to fit Sport Ngin’s new mobile responsive themes, getting, in effect, two redesigns in a matter of months. Krupinski’s incredible skills as an artist (she does much of her work in Illustrator and Photoshop) can be seen throughout the site, most notably in graphic elements such as the logos for the club’s various tournaments. All of the landing pages for the site’s main sections are decked out with photos, graphics and, in many cases, videos. “I don’t know about you, but I like to look at the pictures,” Krupinski said about her landing page designs. “It just creates a fun experience when you have pictures. It helps to make it personal, too.” Krupinski also contributes posts to New Wave’s blog. In recent months, Krupinksi’s design, branding and marketing efforts on the site have been bolstered by the addition of co-marketing director Madison Stolzer, another talented graphic designer.

Making her mark:

Krupinski created a link to join New Wave’s email list as well as links to all of the club’s social media accounts in a stylized block placed at the bottom of almost all of the site’s pages. The links are part of a code element that is populated throughout the site through a mirrored layout container.

Loren Nelson Headshot

About Loren Nelson

Loren Nelson is Community Manager at SportsEngine. He is also the National Media Editor and has served in a variety of other customer facing and media roles since 2009.

Connect with Loren Nelson

Loren's Social Media Contacts