skip navigation

Easy does it in this baseball league

12/14/2014, 10:15pm CST
By Loren Nelson

Webmaster of the Week: December 15-21

Name: Philip Champagne

Site: Longwood Babe Ruth

Position: Vice President of Baseball

Background: Champagne, who lives about 30 miles north of Orlando in Sanford, Fla., has been involved with the 50-team Longwood Babe Ruth since 2008, when the youngest of his three sons was a 3-year-old playing T-Ball. Champagne works as an Embedded Systems Engineer at Micromint USA when he isn’t shuttling his sons to baseball practices and games.

What he does: Champagne is in charge of the league’s registration, oversees the league’s draft process and handles numerous other duties Longwood Babe Ruth president Tim McMullan throws at him. Among those duties is keeping the league’s website fresh with up-to-date news, registrations, schedules and tutorials. Since the site's launch on the Sport Ngin platform in August, Champagne and McMullan worked together to post tutorials for team managers on how to use the website and how to score games through iScore. They also have built an assortment of pages spelling out the league’s bylaws and policies. “I remember back when my kids were just getting started in baseball, and I wanted to make sure it was easier for families just starting out,” Champagne said about the site’s abundance of tutorials and other help documentation.

Making his mark: Champagne built a page that answers the most common registration questions, a detailed FAQ that covers topics such as how many games and practices to expect in a week and what equipment parents should buy.

Discuss

Community Forum

Discuss on the Community Forum  //  Share or Tweet
    Loren Nelson

About the Author

Loren Nelson is Community Manager at SportsEngine. He is also the National Media Editor and has served in a variety of other customer facing and media roles since 2009.

Email Loren a Comment or Idea

Tag(s): Webmaster of the Week